How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.2, 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

Show Article
Comments (61)
Chalam - July 10, 2010 at 8:14pm
Hi, I think I have successfully jaikbroke my iPhone 3G and it has rebooted. But it does not pick up my exisiting AT&T network. When I try to bring-up Cydia, it wouldn\'t come up (after I push Cydia, the screen goes blank momenarily and then comes back to home screen). I am not able to use my cell phone now. Pleaseeee help!!
NAME - November 7, 2010 at 8:58am
OK GUYS THE WAIT IS OVER ITUNES HAS 4.2 FOR THE PUBLIC NOW OPEN ITUNES TO UPDATE AND THE UNLOCK WILL BE HERE AT 1PM TODAY
Abdul - June 8, 2010 at 11:33am
Hi, i have tried this process, several times whats happens or happened is i have the cydia on my phone but when i try to install cracked apps it does not installl. It just says there is some kind of error. i am aware that the 3.1.3 BB 5.12.01 cannot be unlocked, but have read that it can be jailbroaken. how is this possible? please let me know because as far as i am aware this process does not really jailbreak the phone. if i am wrong then please shed light on this. as i would love to know so that i can install cracked apps etc.
ejjohnnylee - June 12, 2010 at 6:29am
I had da same problem too like u ... if u got any solution do u mind send me a email , ej.johnnylee@hotmail.com
Lavinia - September 13, 2011 at 5:03am
It's about time smeonoe wrote about this.
Marni - September 15, 2011 at 4:11am
Cool! That's a clever way of lkoiong at it!
Mstf2010 - May 30, 2010 at 9:13am
What is the difference between redsn0w and blackra1n/blacksn0w? Can someone use either of them for 3G OS 3.1.2? Thanks
Peter - May 30, 2010 at 6:30am
It Doesn\'t Show The Instructions to go to the DFU Mode... It starts with out giving any instructions... is redsnow really working?
Kylia - September 13, 2011 at 2:34am
I bow down humbly in the presence of such geartenss.
Bubba - September 15, 2011 at 2:49am
Wheoevr wrote this, you know how to make a good article.
ken - May 20, 2010 at 12:52am
i just jailbroken it to 3.1.2 but i dont get any signal from my carrier help plss....
Alan J - May 28, 2010 at 8:27pm
After the restore, wait until itunes opens the activation window (this happens on itunes store).. Once you get that page, then you launch the redsn0w software.. not before, because that closes itunes automatically and then you will loose that \"activation\" part.... be patient and let me know if you have any problems...
Captain - May 31, 2010 at 4:12am
oh well hey bro with what did u jailbroke ur iphone? well u also need to unlock it. jailbreaking and unlocking is a different thing.. TC well i had the same like jailbroken on 3.1.2 and hardly found the unlock for it.. let me know if u need any help
Madhu - May 7, 2010 at 11:37am
While jailbreaking after the last step my phone got stuck with a blank screen. Its not working after that. please help
Dave - May 17, 2010 at 8:49pm
If you are having trouble Jailbreaking and need to turn your phone on again after getting to step 10, repeat step 9 (hold down power, hold down home, let go of power, etc) to revert your phone and turn it back on.
mark - April 22, 2010 at 9:35am
hey can anyone help me i have an i phone os 3.1.3 and this software is not working for me! it keep saying not compatable??? plz help
sagar.ydande - April 21, 2010 at 8:14pm
i\\\'ve a 32gb iphone 3gs with firmware 3.1.3 (No MC model, its MB) This phone is of AT&T but I don\\\'t have the simcard.... :P I cant even get to the menu screen... plz tel me wht 2 do.... :(
Scorpy - April 19, 2010 at 6:00pm
hallo people)-: i have a big problem with my iPhone, it was already jailbroken and suddenlly everything on my iPhone is gone and it keeps telliing me to to put a sim card without pin so it can be activated ....... and i just can call emergency number (-: can anybody heeeeeeeeeeeelp me and tell me what should i doooooo my iPhone 3.1.3 3GS 16GB
GG - April 16, 2010 at 10:14am
This is just amazing. It worked like a charm. 10 on 10 for the instructions and many thanks
Yohann is a Beautifully Minimalist Stand for iPad [Video]
Yohann is a new, beautifully minimalist, stan...
Video Shows 4.7-inch iPhone 6 Assembled From Leaked Parts
Check out this video that shows a full assemb...
Apple is 'Actively Investigating' Possible Breach of Celebrity iCloud Accounts
Apple is actively investigating reports of a ...
Apple Finalizes iTunes Festival Schedule, Placido Domingo to Close Show
Apple has finalized the schedule for its iTun...
Apple Hires Anand Lal Shimpi, Founder of AnandTech
Apple has hired Anand Lal Shimpi, the founder...