How to Unlock the iPhone 3G, 3GS Using BlackSn0w

Show Article
Comments (238)
rockfish07 - December 28, 2009 at 2:40pm
I have a 3g, 3.1.2, 05.11.07 I unlocked yesterday using the above method. Everything seemed to have gone fine. Installed new sim worked fine, no problems. Today however, I have been getting \"no service\". I found that if I take out the sim card and reset the phone then put the sim back in I will get service again for a little while, but after awhile it will go back to \"no service\". Any ideas?
mahadin - December 29, 2009 at 1:56am
I would try (with no harm done) to go reset network setting from general settings ,try it when the SIM is Inside with/without \'no service message\', and reply to us please.
rockfish07 - December 30, 2009 at 9:58am
Thanks for your help. I tried what you suggested, I think it worked. I figured out that it worked fine until I would enter a location that didn\'t get a signal, once it lost the signal it wouldn\'t pick it back up. Seems to be working fine now though.
Asaad - January 14, 2010 at 5:37pm
Hi, i don\'t know if it happens with anyone else, but for me with the iPhone 3Gs, I\'m not getting the no service thanks God, but i did the netword reset from the settings to try to fix the gps, and 2 from the 3 times caused my iphone to go into an infinite loop of restarting, i had to restore it again deleting all data and do the above again :( any one faced this? so don\'t try it too much
IFlyintheSky - December 15, 2009 at 5:36pm
If you are on a new or old 3GS US AT&T 3.1.2 iPhone (like me) stay for gods sake from this (BlackSn0w) , it has been a disaster, This is what I know after a lot of waste of time and again only applicable to AT&T since that is what I have: Problem #1-WiF not working-Solution-Reset Network Settings Problem #2-Phone dropps reception and eventually gets to the point that it restarts and gets stuck with the Apple Boot Up Logo-Solution: Avoid Blacksn0w while having an AT&T sim in it - supposedly it works fine in Europe to put in a diff sim, iPhone doesnt have this problem... Problem #3-Wanna be able to tether in the US without using BlackSn0w since Blacksn0w on AT&T crashes the iPhone about once every three days- Soultion: Instead of unlocking the phone in the US, unlockit before you go out of the country using BlackSn0w, then restore when back in the US, while in the us to enable tethering use the so called CommCenter Patch...it may seem complicated to some but, trust me, If I can do you can do it. This is a solution fro tehering on AT&T in the US but does not unlock phone away from AT&T. the CommCenter patch solution can be found on the following link, print out the instructions first (Mac Only) http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5634 Problem #4 Unable to get Visual Voicemail- Do NOT download and do NOT use \"BenM.at\" for AT&T carrier profile Instead go directly from your jailbroken iPhone safari browser to http://appadvice.com/appnn/2009/10/31-tethering-visual-voicemail-fixing-the-benm-mobileconfig-file/ on that website there is a link that you open from safari on your jailbroken iphone and it puts in good carrier settings! Try it, trust me this all works. Good Luck
Shmuel - January 24, 2010 at 6:25pm
Hey man. Wondering if you can help me. I\'m living in the Middle East but bought the 3GS Iphone in California before I left. It\'s week 38, so I\'ve never needed to tether break it. Also, I used GeoHot\'s Blackra1n and blacksn0w to jailbreak and unlock it. But everyweek, the IPHONE crashes. What happens, is I get a \"no service\", then if I turn it off or try to reset something, the phone crashes, and I can\'t get it past the apple logo loading screen. Then I have to retore it, and start this same bullshit process all over again, every week. Any ideas or help? Thanks man.
kay - December 12, 2009 at 2:45pm
it works... thank u soo much...
jomar - July 22, 2010 at 9:40pm
=D
Mr.unhappy - December 10, 2009 at 11:01am
HELP! I done exaktly what I\'ve been told and only get \"No Service\" Please help me, my life is over ;( I have a iPhone 3G with the right version,3.1.2 (7D11) and firmware 05.11.07 Please, please help me
abood - December 12, 2009 at 2:40pm
im having the same problem guys, there must be something missing.. PS. im staying at United Arab Emirates. regards, Abood
Petezzz - January 14, 2010 at 6:48am
Did you jail break first?
And1 - December 10, 2009 at 5:36am
Hi! Can I download the fireware from iTunes, using my friends phone (with a diffrent service provider) To reinsatall the firmware and activiate my phone with he´s phone? Or is it the phone lock more embedded then that?
And1 - December 10, 2009 at 7:23am
* with his SIM card
Gonçalo Nunes - December 3, 2009 at 7:17pm
My iPhone is a 3G (Optimus [Official Portuguese Iphone operator] of origin) and I had already completely JB. and unlocked since version 2.2 , ..., 3.0 of the fw, for TMN (not allowed operator for Iphone, in Portugal [like T-Mobile, I think]) . But now with the blacksn0w, everything runs like a dream for 3.1.2 fw., but when it comes time to unlock the operator (TMN), it runs the sn0w (from the blacksnow app), start to search for TMN network, but nothing. I tried several times and nothing. The fw is 3.1.2 restore (not updated by Itunes). The only thing I\'m not even achieve is to have network when I insert the SIM from TMN. JB is OK. Gonçalo Nunes - Portugal
abood - December 8, 2009 at 10:54am
im having the same problemmm.. im staying in United Arab Emirates.
Dudleydogg - December 10, 2009 at 8:54am
Your Sim Card may not be registering properly with the cell network. Put the Sim in a Legal phone wait till its up and working make a phone call. then put sim back in i phone. I have seen issue with sim not registering properly unless it was in phone it was meant to be in.
katma136 - December 1, 2009 at 6:38am
this iphone business has just been a long list of problems. does anyone have any guesses as to what else i can try? i have 3g, and have somehow ended up on 3.0 on 05.11.07. i cannot downgrade using fuzzyband as it tells me i have bootloader version 05.09. i cannot update/restore to 3.1 as i keep getting 1601, 13, 14, etc errors in itunes (many computers, many cables, different usb ports tried - nada). i have ultrasn0w, but of course it didnt unlock it properly, and i have no service. ah, complicated. any ideas? thanks guys :)
Fadil - December 1, 2009 at 12:28pm
Download iTunes 9.0.2 first and update your iPhone with new FW 3.1.2 from iTunes then go ahead and use blackra and I believe you will be OK.
Stephen - December 1, 2009 at 12:53pm
Those who have 3.0 and tried to update I had the exact same problem. No matter what restore file I used i got those generic Errors and the phone remained in DFU or REcovery mode with the itunes cable icon on screen. Same procedure with with my other iphone but the new one refused. The failure occurs when itunes does it check with the apple store then Apple says \"NOT\" The only possible way i found to bring phone back to life is just to the the restore right from itunes and let it restore you phone to factory with latest software. this will update your modem firmware which is most of what I wanted to avoid. Well once its all done and the phone is back to life use the black rain jail break and unlock tutorial and you will be back in business with unlocked phone. Just depending on your boot rom dont let the battery die.
abood - December 10, 2009 at 6:05am
Hi Fadli, I have phone 3g (8G). I have done exactly as you said so, update my firmware (3.1.2) through itunes, jailbreak it using blackra1n.com RC3, and then unlock it using the steps above, but i still cant unlock my iphone, its so strange.. any help guys ?!!!!!!! PS. I stay in UAE
Fadil - December 18, 2009 at 9:44am
If you did all steps like you said you should be good but you said that you cant unlock check your iPhone with differnt sim card thats just one more way to try.I done the same procedures and my iPhone is working good so thats all I have to say my friend.
DJ NAJ - November 27, 2009 at 11:55am
i having problem my i phone,it was 2.2.1.but somebody installed inside turbo sim,i removed that turbo sim and unlocked perfectly,but the problem is i can get signal from some providers only,the others alwys no service...please anybody help me out to solve this problem
ginko - November 26, 2009 at 11:08am
same thing happened to me. This is what u have to check. 1. go to settings/General/Network/Cellular Data Network in the APN box u should have a url that is been provided by your provider. I guess when u Jailbreak and unlock it wipes it out
Eduardo Troconis - November 26, 2009 at 1:49pm
I don\'t know, but for some strange reason I don\'t have the option APN en network settings :S what a mess dude!
marcus - November 25, 2009 at 9:45pm
Good evening, in on a iphone 3gs 3.1.2 , firm ware 05.11.07. followed tutorial to the letter and got Snow off blackrain with cydia. however when i put in my English orange sim it just comes up with \"different sim detected please connect to itunes\" however i have signal \"i recived a text at this point\" . but i cant use anything on the phone unless i put in my rodger sim again. anyone got any ideas. thanks for your time.
Mel - November 30, 2009 at 4:40pm
Did you successfully jailbreak your iphone? After the jailbreak, did you install the blacksn0w in Cydia?
marcus - November 30, 2009 at 8:35pm
yep, Downloaded Cydia, then downloaded Blacksn0w, said it was done! so stuck in my other sim, no joy! downloaded sn0w agian and rebooted phone and still no joy:-(
Harish - December 12, 2009 at 9:23am
Did you manage to fix the problem. I am facing the same problem with 3gs iphone with 3.1.2 and 5.11.07. \"Different sim detected, connect to itunes\" after Jailbreak and unlock with Blackra1n. Please let me know.
jim - January 3, 2010 at 3:47pm
For me too I got \"different sim detected\" error. Tried the jb and unlock process for 10-15 times . Finally used the process described in http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=855622 and it works.
Apple Updates GarageBand With Limited Time (GarageBand)RED Loop Pack
Apple has updated GarageBand with a limited t...
Evernote Updates Penultimate Following User Complaints
Evernote has updated its Penultimate app to a...
MythBusters Explain Gorilla Glass and Demonstrate Its Strength [Video]
Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman of MythBusters ...
The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Are Capable of Playing Back 4K Video
The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are reportedly...
You Can Now Upload to the iCloud.com Photos Beta
Apple has updated the public online iCloud Ph...