D-Link Unveils DIR-505 All-In-One Companion Router
D-Link today unveiled the All-in-One Mobile Companion (DIR-505). In addition to its wireless router capabilities, the DIR-505 offers USB sharing capabilities letting users share files from a USB drive to any iOS or Android device and allows users to sync files and charge smartphones.
Smaller than a standard mouse, the new All-in-One Mobile Companion offers instant Wi-Fi coupled with a range of useful features designed for today's mobile professional. Easy one-touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) ensures users are up and running quickly, and the free SharePort Cloud app for both Android and iOS devices offers access to videos, music and photos from anywhere. The All-in-One Mobile Companion features a USB port for sharing content from a USB storage device or charging smartphones, as well as an Ethernet Port that enables users to easily connect to an existing network in a conference room or hotel room.
● USB Port for seamlessly viewing and synchronizing videos, music, photos, and more from a connected USB storage device to any iOS or Android tablet, smartphone or computer browser
● Free iOS and Android apps for tablets and smartphones
● Wireless N150 travel router
● Ability to act as an Access Point to wirelessly extend an existing network
● 10/100 Ethernet Port
● Built in AC plug for easy traveling and use no additional cables or power adapters required
● USB Port for charging a smartphone device (when not used with a USB storage device)
Availability and Pricing
The All-in-One Mobile Companion DIR-505 will be available in April for less than $75.