Apple Begins To Roll Out Improved Genius Bar
9to5mac reports that the Apple is beginning to improve the Genius Bar at Apple stores. According to retail sources, the changes began today, starting with an update to the Concierge Genius Bar management software.
Starting with a revamped version of the Concierge Genius Bar management software that Apple Retail employees run on iOS devices. Here's what we know as of now about the new Concierge app (and much more):
● The Concierge Genius Bar application for retail employees has been completely redesigned for both the iPad and iPod touch.
● The application has a new "dashboard" view. The left side of the app is a list of different work (whether that be iOS device or Mac work) that employees are assigned. The right/middle pane of the new app shows the different appointments within each type of Genius Bar work.
Apple's updated Session manager brings in changes for the customer as well. 9to5 reports that session manger has a focus on customers making appointments and walk-in improvements.
● Session Manager presents a stronger focus on customers making formal appointments, rather than walk-ins. Employees are encouraged to work with people who have setup employees.
● On the other hand, the experience for walk-in appointments has improved as well. Instead of ten minute scheduling intervals, employees can book appointments to begin every five minutes (depending on available Genius Bar staff per day or per store).
● This is known as a buffer system that depends on current store conditions and how long appointments are running.
● This new buffer system includes a one and a half hour maximum wait time for walk-in appointments.
Hopefully more improvements will being to roll out in the coming weeks and months.