Apple Updates Final Cut Pro X With Numerous Improvements, 4K XAVC Codec Support
Apple has updated Final Cut Pro X with numerous improvements including support for the 4K Sony XAVC codec. Notably, Apple is also expected to launch a Final Cut Pro X marketing campaign today in an effort to win back professional users who weren't impressed with the product at its release.
Completely redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro adds extraordinary speed, quality, and flexibility to every part of the post-production workflow.
What's New In This Version:
• Support for Sony XAVC codec up to 4K resolution
• Option to display ProRes Log C files from ARRI ALEXA cameras with standard Rec. 709 color and contrast levels
• Resolves an issue where some third-party effects generated green frames during render
• Resolves performance issues that could occur with certain titles and effects
• Time reversed clips render in the background
• Ability to use key commands to adjust Clip Appearance settings in the timeline
• Ability to view reel number metadata located in the timecode track of video files
• Mono audio files in a surround project export with correct volume levels
• Drop zones no longer reset to the first frame of video after application restart
• Fixes a performance issue which resulted from selecting multiple ranges on a single clip
• Fixes an issue where the Play Around function did not work properly on certain clips when viewed through external video devices
You can purchase Final Cut Pro from the App Store for $299.99.