Amazon Has Reportedly Acquired Siri Competitor Evi
Amazon has acquired Siri competitor Evi for $26 million, according to TechCrunch.
TechCrunch understands from sources that the company has been sold to Amazon for $26 million. However, calls to Amazon PR, backers Octopus Ventures and the founders of Evi have ben met with a stoney silence. A spokesperson for Octopus told us: “On this occasion Octopus will decline to comment on this specific portfolio company.”
- Voice or text input - Chat to Evi in plain English and she will understand
-Get stuff done – With voice powered phone controls, you can schedule events, make calls, send SMS or email your friends.
- Local information for UK and USA - Shopping, news, dining and more. Evi knows where you are and gives answers based on your location
- Built in browser – No need to swap to a different browser, view web links within Evi's app
- A learning and adapting intelligence – Rate Evi’s answers to help her learn more about the world
- More than a search engine - Evi takes the searching out of search, able to review and compare nearly a billion facts from her database to give you exactly what you need.
Earlier this year, Amazon acquired IVONA, a company that specializes in text-to-speech technology. It's possible that the company may look to combine these acquisitions for use on its rumored smartphone.
You can still download Evi from the App Store for free.
Read More [App Store]