Facebook App is Updated With Hashtag Support, Restaurant Reservations
Facebook has updated its app to support hashtags, added the ability to make restaurant reservations on participating pages, and improved the design for timelines on the iPad. The update also includes TV listings for those in the US when landing on a page for a particular show or movie.
Finding shows and movies on TV is getting easier as well. For people that use iOS, Facebook will display TV listing information on US primetime TV and movie Pages. Listings will be based on your current time zone and include the channel name, air time and a description of the show or movie playing, meaning that the listings that exist in cable box guides, magazines and newspapers are now conveniently located on the Facebook Pages of peoples' favorite shows.
The company announced the changes on their blog earlier today and the update just went live.
• See what friends are up to
• Share updates, photos and videos
• Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts
• Text, chat and have group conversations
• Play games and use your favorite apps
What's New In This Version:
• Search for hashtags or tap them in posts to see what other people are saying about a topic
• Make restaurant reservations directly on participating Pages in the US
• Faster loading and a cleaner design for timelines on iPad
• Fixed a bug that was causing some people to see red notification badges when there weren't any new notifications
You can download Facebook from the App Store for free.