● Model number A1489
● 0.3 mm of added thickness
● 3.75 V, 24.3 Whr, 6471 mAh battery compared to a 16.3 Whr battery in the previous Mini
● Apple A7 APL0698 SoC - same part number as seen on the iPhone 5s
● Elpida F8164A1PD 1 GB LPDDR3 DRAM
iPad Mini Retina Display Repairability: 2 out of 10 (10 is easiest to repair).
● The LCD and glass are not fused together and can be replaced independently.
● The battery is not soldered to the logic board or other components.
● Teeny-tiny screws can be easily misplaced if you're not careful. Don't sneeze too hard while taking them off.
● Copious amounts of adhesive hold many components in place—front glass, battery, front camera, back camera, ribbon cables—making repair extremely difficult.
● The Lightning connector is soldered to the logic board, so don't bend its pins.
● Hidden screws mean you'll need to be very diligent when trying to remove internal components.
Take a look at a few images of the teardown below or hit the link for more.