We could not be more excited to announce Pencil, a new hardware accessory for Paper, and the latest in our essential suite of mobile tools for creativity. Pencil is the most natural and expressive tool for getting ideas on Paper—a beautiful blend of advanced technology and artisanal craft. Pencil’s special expressive features: Erase, Blend, and adaptive Palm Rejection, open up a whole new world of creative possibilities in Paper.
● Palm Rejection. Our adaptive palm rejection instantly knows whether it’s your hand or Pencil touching the page. Rest your hand on the screen, write from any angle. No calibration or setup. You’ll forget you’re creating on a tablet.
● Erase. Pencil’s unique built-in eraser lets you precisely carve away to get at what’s essential. No need to switch tools, just flip Pencil to erase.
● Blend. Get hands-on with your ideas. Pencil takes care of the lines so you can use your finger to smooth rough edges and blend colors directly on the page. Create beautiful color transitions for charts, skies, and shadows.
● Lasting power—Pencil’s battery will last about a month under normal use. The lithium-polymer battery can be recharged on any USB port in under 90 minutes.
● Kiss-to-Pair—Bluetooth connection as it should be: no settings menus, no confusing pairing rituals. Just press Pencil’s tip to the screen. Clear, stable, simple… easy as falling in love.
● Get the Tools—Try Sketch, Outline, Write, Color, and Mixer for free while using Pencil.
Pricing and Availability:
Pencil comes in two models—“Walnut” made from sustainable hardwood and “Graphite” in black, brushed aluminum. It's now available in the U.S. and Canada at shop.fiftythree.com starting at $49.95.
[via Desire This]