WebMD for iPhone offers physician-reviewed health content and interactive tools in addition to on-demand healthy living information. The innovative design marries content and utility informed by more than five years of user insights and feedback.
• WebMD Symptom Checker – Select the part of the body that is troubling you, choose your symptoms, and learn about potential conditions or issues.
• Healthy Target – Create and sustain healthy habits by tracking your progress daily, connecting wearable devices, and getting actionable insights at the end of each week.
• Healthy Living – Choose the healthy living interests that matter most to you to customize a daily lifestyle magazine of tips, fun facts, articles, quizzes, and slideshows.
• Conditions – Find medically reviewed information about conditions relevant to you and learn more about causes, treatments, and related symptoms.
• Medicine – Search our extensive database for information on drugs, supplements, and vitamins. Read about uses, side effects, and warnings, and access our Pill ID tool.
• First Aid Essentials – Your handy guide for medical emergencies. From insect stings to broken bones, helpful treatment tips are always available, even without an Internet connection.
• Local Health Listings – Find the closest physician, hospital, and pharmacy based on your current location or search by city, state or zip.
• Create and save your conditions, medicine, first aid information, doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and healthy living articles for secure, easy access and reference.
• Email – Send conditions, medicine, first aid information, and Healthy Living articles to yourself or your family and friends.
• Social Media – Share Healthy Living articles on Facebook or Twitter.
• Maps - View local health listings & individual physician, hospital, and pharmacy locations in a map view.
What's New In This Version:
WebMD for iPhone now features Healthy Target, an innovative health improvement program that will help you create and sustain healthy habits. By connecting an activity tracker, wireless scale, or glucometer you'll be able to view all of your data in one location and receive WebMD contextual content and insights.
Healthy Target features and functionalities include:
● Goal Setting. Healthy Target enables users to choose from six goals: 1) lose weight 2) eat healthier 3) be more active 4) control blood sugar 5) sleep better 6) feel better. Once goals are selected, Healthy Target recommends proven habits that can help users reach their goals. Goals can be added or changed at any time.
● Habit Intensity & Tracking. Each habit has three levels: easy, medium, and hard. Users start a new habit at the easy level -- each habit lasting for one week – track their progress, and use reminders to help ensure they do their habits on a regular basis. They can change or restart their habits at any time. As they move further along the program, their healthy habits and wellness continue to grow.
● Data Understanding. Providing a complete summary of a user's biometric data, Healthy Target incorporates easy-to-understand visuals so users can clearly see changes in their sleep, step counts, weight, and blood sugar over time.
● Progress Report & Inspiration. In addition to daily snapshots that monitor progress, users are provided weekly recaps analyzing their success towards achieving their goals as determined by the data they provide. In addition to the assessment, users will receive personalized tips to encourage them to become more successful moving forward.
• Introducing the Healthy Target health improvement program.
• Create and sustain healthy habits
• Connect your activity tracker, wireless scale, or glucometer
• Track your steps using your iPhone 5s
• View all of your health data in one location
• Receive WebMD contextual content and insights
• Performance and stability improvements
You can download WebMD from the App Store for free.