The Kindle app is optimized for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, newspapers, magazines, textbooks and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store plus hundreds* of newspapers and magazines. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices (including Kindle), so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device.
• Shop the Kindle Store by visiting Amazon for the largest selection of books people want to read: millions of books, including hundreds of thousands of titles that are exclusive to the Kindle Store and over 1.7 million titles that are $9.99 or less.
• Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy via Kindle Free Sample Search.
• Customize your reading experience by choosing margin size, line spacing, background color, font size, font style, and either portrait or landscape format.
• Tap and hold text to quickly highlight important sections, easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages.
• Exclusive to Kindle, X-Ray lets you see the “bones of the book” and learn more about notable characters, places, and phrases with descriptions from Shelfari and Wikipedia. (English Titles Only)
• Collections: Easily categorize books, docs, and magazines with a few, easy taps.
• Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Tap and hold a word to view the definition. You can also use previously purchased Dictionaries, such as medical, legal, or other translation references.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
• Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages.
• You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle e-reader, Kindle Fire, PC, Mac, Android-based device, Windows Phone 8-based device, or in your web browser with Kindle Cloud Reader. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read hundreds* of newspapers and magazines including The Economist, Reader’s Digest, Martha Stewart Living, and Food Network Magazine with high resolution color images. Visit the Kindle Store to subscribe to a newspaper or magazine and have each edition automatically delivered, or purchase individual issues.
• Email PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS or supported Kindle devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
• With Kindle textbooks you save up to 60% off print list prices when you buy, and up to 80% when you rent. Use the Notebook in your Print Replica textbooks to review your bookmarks, highlights, notes. Tag and filter the most important items to study.
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin. A quick reference to gestures can be found under the FAQ section in settings.
What's New In This Version:
Kindle for iOS Version 4.4 provides several customer-requested features that make sync and navigation easier.
● Sync to the most recent page read - Any books you are reading on Kindle for iOS will now sync to the most recent page read across all Kindle devices and/or reading apps registered to your Amazon account. Customers can still manually sync to the furthest page read from the left navigation menu.
● Kindle Placeholders – Allow customers the freedom to explore other areas of the book without losing their current place. Jump directly to previous locations with “placeholders” on the progress bar.
● Notes Export – Studying for the next exam or writing the next term paper just got easier. Students can now export notes, highlights, and more to e-mail from their “Print Replica” textbooks, giving students easy access to their information.
● Wikipedia Smart Lookup - Select a word and learn more from Wikipedia in the Info Card at the bottom of the page.
● Performance and stability improvements.
You can download Kindle from the App Store for free.