Three simple workflows let you prepare new iOS devices for immediate distribution, supervise devices that need to maintain a standard configuration, and assign devices to users. Quickly update your devices simultaneously to the latest version of iOS, configure settings, and install apps and data for your students, employees, or patrons.
Apple Configurator can be used by larger organizations and businesses to set up new devices, install enterprise apps, and enroll each device with a Mobile Device Management solution for remote management by an IT administrator. It is perfect for the classroom or student lab where devices need to be quickly refreshed and kept up to date with the correct settings, approved policies, apps and data. Apple Configurator can also be used to personalize devices with data and documents for specific users.
What's New In This Version:
Apple Configurator 1.6 contains improvements and bug fixes including:
• Devices are erased before restoring a backup
• Support for new configuration profile payloads and settings introduced in iOS 8
• Content Filter: Plug-in filter type
• Email & Exchange: Per-message S/MIME encryption switch
• Restrictions: Allow Handoff, Allow iCloud sync for managed apps, Allow backup of enterprise books, Allow notes and highlights sync for enterprise books
• Restrictions (supervised only): Allow Erase all Contents and Settings, Allow configuring restrictions, Allow Internet results in Spotlight
• VPN: IKEv2 connection type and Always-on VPN
You can download Apple Configurator from the App Store for free.