Today we’re excited to announce Skype for Mac 7.0 as well as the preview for the new Skype for Windows – both of which have been redesigned to make it easier to chat and share. If you’re already using Skype on mobile, you’ll recognize some of these changes. We’ve made the Skype experience consistent whether you are using your mobile device or your desktop PC. Now, you’ll see thumbnail pictures of your contacts, a new bubble-style chat design, and consistent icons for chat, video calls and audio calls.
● Design refresh of the chat and calling experience
● New file transfer experience including inline images
● Support for large emoticons
● Your Favorites conversations now “roam” and sync on supported platforms
● Skype is now a 64-bit application
● Support for limited instant message formatting – keep an eye on the Skype blogs to learn more about this feature soon
● Application - Fixed occasional post-call crash
● Application - Fixed login crash that could happen on Retina laptops with an external screen
● Screen sharing - Fixed crash when closing a window that was being shared
● Contacts - Fixed sidebar pictures sometimes not loading
● Conversations - Can now change group chat picture
You can download the new version of Skype for Mac from the link below...