Inside its slim design, UP3 by Jawbone features a patented multi-sensor platform that collects and analyzes a wide range of biometric signals, delivering actionable insights specific to you.
• Multi-sensor Platform: The advanced multi-sensor platform includes a new tri-axis accelerometer, sophisticated bioimpedance sensors, and skin and ambient temperature sensors. Using this technology, UP3 delivers resting heart rate – a key indicator of your overall heart health – and will capture more health data through future firmware updates.
• Advanced Sleep: UP3 tracks detailed sleep stages including REM, Light and Deep sleep, providing in-depth information on your sleep and what you can do to improve it.
• Advanced Activity: New smart algorithms allow UP3 to automatically identify workouts and classify your activities, including running, cross-training, tennis, and many more.
• Smart Coach: The band connects with the industry-leading UP App to bring you Smart Coach – an intelligent system that keeps track of your progress and gives you personalized guidance to help you reach your goals faster. The more information UP3 captures about your sleep, activity, meals and other biometric signals, the more Smart Coach can do for you.
• Smart Design: Designed by leading industrial designer, Yves Behar, UP3 features a slim, stylish, and low-profile design that you can accessorize with jewelry or watches on the wrist. With up to seven days of battery life, water resistance up to 10 meters and a durable anodized aluminum framework, UP3 is one of the only trackers available that achieves true 24/7 wearability. A secure, overlapping watch-style clasp allows you to adjust the band to fit almost any wrist size.
“Our mission was to create the world’s most powerful activity tracker in the smallest possible design,
and we believe we have done that with the UP3 band” said Travis Bogard, vice president of product
management and strategy at Jawbone. “Our advanced, multi-sensor platform delivers a huge amount of new health data, backed by our smart algorithms and our highly personalized Smart Coach system. And because the technology is fully updateable, we’re able to unveil great new features and experiences in the coming months.”
Know Your Heart Health
Advanced bioimpedance sensors allow UP3 to automatically and accurately measure your resting heart rate, defined as your heart rate upon waking up, before other influences such as movement, exercise, or caffeine set in. Through the UP App, you can see your resting heart rate change over time and understand what a healthy heart rate means for you. A free, over-the-air firmware update
coming soon for UP3 will allow additional health data to be captured.
Track, Understand, Act
The sophisticated multi-sensor platform in UP3 allows it to identify detailed sleep stages – REM, Light
and Deep sleep – providing new insight into what happens when you’re sleeping. Stick to a consistent bedtime and de-stress before bed to try to get more Deep sleep, associated with body restoration and healing. Sleep longer to try and catch more REM sleep, associated with dreams, learning and memory consolidation.
The powerful sensors and smart algorithms in UP3 enable automatic activity detection after you’ve completed a specific activity or workout. The UP App will recognize many popular activities including running, cross-training, cardio exercise, tennis, hiking and others such as dance and Zumba. And the system learns from your behavior over time to auto-classify many other harder-to-recognize activities
like swimming, cycling, weights or yoga.
The UP App’s Smart Coach feature uses the rich information captured by the band to deliver personalized guidance and challenges tailored just for you. Learn what you can do to improve your activity, sleep, diet and heart rate so you can reach your goals faster and make a greater impact on your health and well-being.
Available This Year
UP3 by Jawbone will be available later this year for $179.99 at Jawbone.com and at Apple and Best Buy stores nationwide in Black Twist, with additional color options to be introduced next year.
The UP by Jawbone App for UP3 will also be available later this year as a free download from the App Store, as will a compatible Android app.