The games category is the largest with about 1,002 apps which is roughly 38% of all Apple TV apps. 39% of apps on the Apple TV App Store are paid apps and most cost $2.99 or less.
Although, games is the largest category, users are downloading entertainment apps the most. This makes sense because streaming is generally the most popular use for the device.
● There are 2,624 apps on the Apple TV App Store.
● An average of 447 new apps are added to the store every week.
● 38% of all apps are games.
● The categories with the most apps are: Games, Entertainment, and Education.
● There are more than 20 categories apps can be submitted to but only 7 are currently visible.
● 61% of all apps are free
● 85% of paid apps cost between $0.99 and $2.99.
● Entertainment apps dominate the top charts (28 of the Top 50).
● Only 8 of the top 50 apps are games.
Check out the charts below or hit the link for the full report...