Xcode includes everything developers need to create great applications for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. Xcode provides developers a unified workflow for user interface design, coding, testing, and debugging. The Xcode IDE combined with the Swift programming language make developing apps easier and more fun than ever before.
What's New In This Version:
Xcode 8.1 includes Swift 3, and SDKs for iOS 10.1, watchOS 3.1, tvOS 10, and macOS Sierra 10.12.1.
Xcode 8.1 adds support for Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro:
• Touch Bar displays context-specific buttons when in the Xcode editor, commit sheet, navigator, and Interface Builder
• Debug button in the Control Strip lets you pause and inspect your app while Xcode is in the background
• Interface Builder button updates the frames of selected objects and their children
• Classes in Interface Builder make it easy to add Touch Bar features to your Mac apps
• Touch Bar simulator works on any Mac so you can see how your app works with the Touch Bar
You can download Xcode from the App Store for free.