The Mac Pro has always been controversial: for some it simply was the "trash can" (due to its design), for others a powerful machine. At CURVED we have been producing our videos on the Mac Pro for many years. But ever since its release an update failed to materialize. That was three years ago.
The CURVED/labs concept from the current Mac Pro predecessor and adds swiveling case components for easier access and other improvements.
● the side doors can swivel/rotate to open
● 2 x slots for full-size graphics cards
● slots for adding/exchanging hard disks/SSD drives
● a slot for replacing the processor
● slots for adding/replacing memory
● ventilation holes on the top to release hot air from the computer
● power on/off button on the front in form of a touch-ID button
● touch bar on the front, which can display information about internal components etc.
● microphone/headphone jacks on the front for easy access
● SD card on front
● connectors on the back: USB-C, USB, FireWire, LAN, HDMI
● unlock button on the back (looks similar to that on current MacPro), which will unlock the side 'doors' so that they can open
The companion Cinema Display features a 27-inch screen, very narrow edges, and USB connectivity at the back.
Take a look at a few images below and hit the link for more. Let us know what you think of the design in the comments!