The Siri integration means BMB customers won’t need to open the app to pay existing payees or mobile contacts, they can simply ask Siri such as “Pay John £15 with Barclays”. Payments are authenticated by the user with Apple’s TouchID fingerprint recognition ensuring maximum security without the need to remember their passcode.
Raheel Ahmed, Head of Customer Experience and Channels at Barclays commented: “Barclays has a long history of introducing innovative new products and services to give our customers choice in how they bank. We recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of the world’s first ATM, which was introduced to provide customers with 24/7 access to their money for the first time ever. The introduction of Siri payments to mobile banking customers is another step forward, giving flexibility and greater choice for all our customers.”
About Siri payments:
● Available to all customers with an iOS device enabled with TouchID and using iOS 10 +
● Barclays customers need to allow Siri payments in their app to start making payments
● Customers can opt into Siri payments in BMB via the Siri ‘What’s new’ screen or by visiting ‘Manage payments’ under the More menu (where they can also update their Siri settings anytime).
● Siri payments can currently be made to existing payees or mobile contacts
● Payment limits apply to single and daily payments limits, and can only be made in pounds
You can download Barclays Mobile Banking from the App Store for free.