The Apple iPhone 8 Plus is the best-performing mobile device camera we have ever tested. Its overall DxOMark Mobile score of 94 sets a new record, beating out the 90 points for both the Google Pixel and the HTC U11, as well as the 92 that its sibling iPhone 8 just scored. Its Photo score of 96 is also a new record, blowing past the Pixel’s 90. For Video, its score of 89 is among our highest, but tied with the HTC U11 and slightly below the Pixel’s 91. Of course, the Pixel is nearly a year old now, so it makes sense that Apple’s new flagship is breaking new ground.
iPhone 8 Plus:
● One of the best HDR performances of any device we have tested
● Excellent use of face detection to accurately expose faces
● Overall, the best zoom we’ve tested
● Best Bokeh we’ve seen in a mobile device, but still room for improvement
● Color cast in low and indoor (tungsten) lighting
● Some autofocus issues
● Very good stabilization
● Best exposure of any Apple device, but still not industry-leading
● Very good color rendering under almost all lighting condtions
● Good face tracking in bright light
● Some exposure issues
● Visible noise in low-light conditions
DxO also reviewed the camera on the iPhone 8 saying, "The Apple iPhone 8 is one of the best-performing mobile device cameras we have ever tested at DxOMark. Its overall score of 92 puts it ahead of every smartphone camera we’ve tested other than its larger and more expensive sibling, the iPhone 8 Plus."
The site says it looks forward to testing the iPhone X as its wider aperture and OIS on both cameras should place it on the cutting edge of zoom and portrait performance.
Hit the links below for the full reviews!
[iPhone 8 Plus] [iPhone 8]