This update contains new features including music streaming, the new Radio app, and support for GymKit.
For information on the security content of Apple software udpates, please visit this website:
New features, improvements, and bug fixes include:
• Stream music on Apple Watch Series 3 with Apple Music or iCloud Music Library
• Listen to live radio on Beats 1, custom stations, and expert-curated stations with the new Radio app on Apple Watch Series 3
• Use Siri to find, discover, and play songs, playlists, or albums
• Sync fitness data with GymKit-enabled treadmills, ellipticals, stair steppers, and indoor bikes for more accurate distance, pace, and energy burn metrics
• Ability to disconnect from a Wi-Fi network in Control Center for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular)
• Fixes an issue for Apple Watch Series 1 and later where Heart Rate notifications were delivered when the feature was not enabled
• Fixes an issue where some users did not receive Stand Reminders
• Resolves an issue where the current Stand hour indicator did not appeal for some users
• Resolves an issue that was caused haptics to not be delivered for silent alarms
• Addresses an issue that prevented Apple Watch (1st generation) from charging for some
• Resolves an issue where the Sunrise / Sunset complication would sometimes not appear
• Restores Mandarin as the default dictation language for China
Some features may not be available for all countries or all areas, for more information visit: https://www.apple.com/watchos/featureavailability/
You can find instructions on how to update your Apple Watch software here.
Please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for more Apple news, videos, and tutorials.