How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Mac)

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Mac)

Pam - October 29, 2010 at 4:00pm
I have Iphone 3g, 3.1.3 (7E18). I downloaded red snOw-mac_.0.9.4 and iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw. On step 4 when I browse I get the message \"unable to recognize specified IPSW\" Does anyone know where I go from here? Thanks.
Pam - October 29, 2010 at 4:39pm
I reread the directions and recognized on Step 5 that I should download firmware 3.1.2 even if I have 3.1.3. So I did that, also downloaded via Firefox vs. Safari. Everything goes along fine. At the finish the iPhone looks like it\'s processing and after a few minutes it shows a black screen with an apple. After a few more minutes I get the slide screen with the itunes icon, identifying no sim card and only able to make an emergency call. Does anyone know why it\'s not working for me?
Pather - August 31, 2010 at 7:54am
Hi, i tried this tutorial, but when redsn0w starts rebooting device, it freezes and nothing else happens. I have iOS version 3.1.3 and I\'ve done everything I should... any tips?
Dave - April 25, 2010 at 4:08am
Hi, Thanks for this tutorial ... it totally worked for me unlocking 3G iPhone running 3.1.3. iPhone 3G Version: 3.1.3 (7E18) Carrier: Vodafone New Zealand Model: MB496X Modem Firmware: 05.12.01 I had tried using pwnage instruction on iclarified but the procedure did not work. My phone was jailbroken but I had No Service [no cellular network capability ... unable to make phone calls etc.]. I restored back to standard image (3.1.3 via iTunes) and then attempted this RedSn0w procedure and it worked first time. All I wanted was to be able to tether my iPad to iPhone and surf the net .... and after jailbreaking iPhone and installing MyWi I can do it and it works great !! Thanks DEV Team and all others involved in creating this jailbreak software ... v.cool
Pam - October 29, 2010 at 4:05pm
Hi, I have the same phone and I set up the Pwnage folder, downloaded redsnOw-mac_.09 and iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_restore.ipsw. But on step 4 redsnOw is \"unable to recognize specified IPSW\". Any suggestions. Thanks.
cseeman - February 12, 2010 at 11:19pm
Curious why no tutorial for 3.1.3 Jailbreak yet. Is this coming? I can\'t seem to find it on iClarified
yoda - February 11, 2010 at 12:06am
Still not working...3G - 05.11.07
bmwz08 - February 1, 2010 at 11:34am
no more signal after jailbreaking!
asicsning - April 20, 2012 at 1:29am
However, even if at the time, the Berlin wall vulnerable side, http://www.ferragamoshoesoutletusa.com/