How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.2.1]

Show Article
Comments (293)
blackshotpteltd - June 28, 2011 at 11:03am
download link does not work...help me please...i want download it...please fix it as fast as you can...tq
shaimeet - June 18, 2011 at 5:47pm
hey! i can\'t recived .ipws file... i got just .zip file.. please help me dude... i am noob in this line.. please help me fast...
Leon - March 26, 2012 at 9:49pm
Hi, did you sort htis getting same thing?
Junaid - June 17, 2011 at 5:16am
I accidently ran the limera1n on my unlocked iphone 3g, then as I was aware that I have done wrong I disconnected it from my PC while limerain was indicating my iphone was in DFU mode…., then I tried limera1n to recover it from DFU mode, but I wasn’t able to fix it and it had permanently stuck on apple logo. Then I tried unbricking. Then tired above method, with many PC restarts and plug-ins plug-outs of iphone, eventually I was able to complete the process, but on thirteenth step after some installations with pineapple cartoon, I again stuck on apple logo. Then I tried redsn0w again to use the option “just boot tether….etc.” but then I have stick again with a new pineappleeev logo. How can I go back to normal?. Win 7 64 bit Ultimate, Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz, 2 GB ram
Baseband 6.15.00 Failed - June 16, 2011 at 5:10pm
Hi, I jailbroken my device succesfully and did not read about the baseband change to unlock it, So now, with the jailbroken iphone i run redsnow with the same iOS and check the option to of iPad Baseband to 6.15.00 but when is in the process of fetching the files for this baseband it teakes laike for 20 min and then the program just closes without warning or anything... Why could this be? I even installed the iOS again loosing the jailbreak to do all from the beginning and still the same... What could this be???
Anjani Chandan - June 8, 2011 at 11:18pm
After jail break, when i select http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com, even then i am not getting the phone network. It\'s saying \"No Service\" my firmware is 05.14.04. I am totally stuck here. Please help.
Francis Nanco - June 16, 2011 at 2:46pm
You have to update the baseband to 06.15.00... Read carefully this tutorial, here it shows you how to do this while jailbreaking
Pavan - August 7, 2011 at 3:52pm
Check this site for 3G unlock. I was able to successfully unlock my 3g with 5.15.04 baseband where it will upgrade to 6.15 baseband and unlocks it. After going through so many trials from various sites, this is the the site which gave the right version of the redsn0w file and unlocked fine. . http://www.kittyra1n.com/jailbreak-and-unlock-iphone-3g-4.2.1.html I was executing on Vista. I did not use run as administrator but changed the affinity to use CPU1 only and it worked like a charm. I had previously had issues where it closes during ipad baseband fetch and not responding etc during downloading to iphone etc. This has finally worked.
ThomasJ - May 30, 2011 at 3:50pm
Im sure you guys get people asking these things all the time but for starters I have a Iphone 3g on 4.0.1 and BB 5.13.04. Can I use this tutorial and just dont use the iPad BB, will I still be able to unlock it with the BB I have? Also if I download the firmware in your link will that update the BB to something I dont want?
appcrazzy - May 21, 2011 at 3:20pm
I have iPhone 3G with following config and want to unlock the same. 1) iPhone 3G 2) Bootloader Ver : 6.02 3) Baseband Ver: 5.15.04 4) iPhone OS ver: 4.2.1. if i jailbreak the iphone with Redsn0w and upgrade my baseband from 5.15.04 to 6.15.?? , i suppose that, i will be able to unlock the phone. But after jailbreaking and unlocking, if i press restore button on iTunes, what will be the future consequences ? will it be dead iPhone or i will be able to reprocess it to jailbreak & unlock ?
innovative - August 19, 2013 at 11:04am
You can unlock your iPhone 3G by using Remote unlocking method . It is one of the safest method to unlock iPhones. You can get it from any of the online vendors like Onlinegsmunlock.com to unlock your iPhone 3g. it doesn't requires jailbreaking . If you update your iphone 3g after unlocking it, it won't gets locked again .
shadroc - April 19, 2011 at 12:39am
When trying to jailbreak and unlock my 3g with red snow 0.9.cr12 it will get stuck on the waiting for phone to reboot screen. Iam using Windows 7 but running it in XP mode. Currently my 3g is on 4.2.1 with baseband 5.15.4.. Can anyone help with any ideas on why it doesnt reboot
jote - April 15, 2011 at 10:45am
this version of RedSnow here in tutorial is not available for download anymore. which version of RedSnow I need use to jailbreake my phone?
Francis Nanco - June 16, 2011 at 4:58pm
Download the latest version from here: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/
Luna Heart - April 9, 2011 at 8:05pm
Questions: - If I RESTORE to the firmware I downloaded, will it wipe my phone clean of everything? I don\'t want to lose all my contact information, music, app data, etc - My phone baseband is on 05.13.04, NOT 05.14.xx or 05.15.xx, does that mean I don\'t have to worry about anything if I need to unlock, and simply choose NOT to upgrade to iPad baseband 06.15.00? Will it still be 05.13.04 after redsn0w jailbreak for the ultrasn0w unlock? Thanks!