How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.2.1]

Show Article
Comments (284)
lou - July 20, 2011 at 2:50pm
the link for redsnow is now down, what version redsnow should us iphone 3g users be downloading?
Pavan - August 7, 2011 at 3:47pm
Thinh - December 7, 2011 at 1:05am
you need to uncheck the "install cydia" otherwise the redsnow will exit. hope you will find this helpful
khmerson - December 27, 2012 at 9:50am
the website looking to pay money, without any help ,so sorry !!!!!!!!
Aroy - July 19, 2011 at 12:26am
Have been looking through previous comments and have yet to find the answer to this question. Following instructions but when I reach the step where it is fetching the new firmware the program closes. I have set it on admin & xp compatibility (using W7). Can't figure out why it keeps closing. Thanks
Pavan - August 7, 2011 at 3:50pm
Check this site for 3G unlock. I was able to successfully unlock my 3g with 5.15.04 baseband where it will upgrade to 6.15 baseband and unlocks it. After going through so many trials from various sites, this is the the site which gave the right version of the redsn0w file and unlocked fine. http://www.kittyra1n.com/jailbreak-and-unlock-iphone-3g-4.2.1.html I was executing on Vista. I did not use run as administrator but changed the affinity to use CPU1 only and it worked like a charm. I had previously had issues where it closes during ipad baseband fetch and not responding etc during downloading to iphone etc. This has finally worked.
solace - September 16, 2011 at 4:16am
Try first installing only cydia. Don't tick the update baseband. After jailbreaking then you can fetch baseband. Tick only update baseband.
Ranjit - April 14, 2012 at 3:13am
@Solace Thank you for the Tip Friend, it worked.
khmerson - December 27, 2012 at 9:53am
fucking http://www.eziphoneunlocker.com/ looking the money, go to hell soon na, so sorry,
George P - July 13, 2011 at 2:25am
@blackshotpteldt, use kittyra1n, it will have all the right downloads http://www.kittyra1n.com/jailbreak-and-unlock-iphone-3g-4.2.1.html
blackshotpteltd - June 28, 2011 at 11:03am
download link does not work...help me please...i want download it...please fix it as fast as you can...tq
shaimeet - June 18, 2011 at 5:47pm
hey! i can\'t recived .ipws file... i got just .zip file.. please help me dude... i am noob in this line.. please help me fast...
Leon - March 26, 2012 at 9:49pm
Hi, did you sort htis getting same thing?
Junaid - June 17, 2011 at 5:16am
I accidently ran the limera1n on my unlocked iphone 3g, then as I was aware that I have done wrong I disconnected it from my PC while limerain was indicating my iphone was in DFU mode…., then I tried limera1n to recover it from DFU mode, but I wasn’t able to fix it and it had permanently stuck on apple logo. Then I tried unbricking. Then tired above method, with many PC restarts and plug-ins plug-outs of iphone, eventually I was able to complete the process, but on thirteenth step after some installations with pineapple cartoon, I again stuck on apple logo. Then I tried redsn0w again to use the option “just boot tether….etc.” but then I have stick again with a new pineappleeev logo. How can I go back to normal?. Win 7 64 bit Ultimate, Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz, 2 GB ram
Baseband 6.15.00 Failed - June 16, 2011 at 5:10pm
Hi, I jailbroken my device succesfully and did not read about the baseband change to unlock it, So now, with the jailbroken iphone i run redsnow with the same iOS and check the option to of iPad Baseband to 6.15.00 but when is in the process of fetching the files for this baseband it teakes laike for 20 min and then the program just closes without warning or anything... Why could this be? I even installed the iOS again loosing the jailbreak to do all from the beginning and still the same... What could this be???
Anjani Chandan - June 8, 2011 at 11:18pm
After jail break, when i select http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com, even then i am not getting the phone network. It\'s saying \"No Service\" my firmware is 05.14.04. I am totally stuck here. Please help.
Francis Nanco - June 16, 2011 at 2:46pm
You have to update the baseband to 06.15.00... Read carefully this tutorial, here it shows you how to do this while jailbreaking
Pavan - August 7, 2011 at 3:52pm
Check this site for 3G unlock. I was able to successfully unlock my 3g with 5.15.04 baseband where it will upgrade to 6.15 baseband and unlocks it. After going through so many trials from various sites, this is the the site which gave the right version of the redsn0w file and unlocked fine. . http://www.kittyra1n.com/jailbreak-and-unlock-iphone-3g-4.2.1.html I was executing on Vista. I did not use run as administrator but changed the affinity to use CPU1 only and it worked like a charm. I had previously had issues where it closes during ipad baseband fetch and not responding etc during downloading to iphone etc. This has finally worked.
ThomasJ - May 30, 2011 at 3:50pm
Im sure you guys get people asking these things all the time but for starters I have a Iphone 3g on 4.0.1 and BB 5.13.04. Can I use this tutorial and just dont use the iPad BB, will I still be able to unlock it with the BB I have? Also if I download the firmware in your link will that update the BB to something I dont want?
appcrazzy - May 21, 2011 at 3:20pm
I have iPhone 3G with following config and want to unlock the same. 1) iPhone 3G 2) Bootloader Ver : 6.02 3) Baseband Ver: 5.15.04 4) iPhone OS ver: 4.2.1. if i jailbreak the iphone with Redsn0w and upgrade my baseband from 5.15.04 to 6.15.?? , i suppose that, i will be able to unlock the phone. But after jailbreaking and unlocking, if i press restore button on iTunes, what will be the future consequences ? will it be dead iPhone or i will be able to reprocess it to jailbreak & unlock ?