iFixIt Apple TV Teardown Reveals 8GB Storage, 256MB RAM
Posted September 29, 2010 at 3:41pm by here | 6545 views| Please help us and submit a translation by clicking
● The solder pads near the side of the logic board look to be a *perfect* match for a dock connector!
● A couple of connectors shy of a full-on computer
● Samsung K9LCG08U1M 8GB NAND Flash chip
● Wi-Fi board brought to you courtesy of Panasonic!
● Broadcom BCM4329XKUBG 802.11n Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/FM chip on the Panasonic board,
● 256 MB RAM
● Just 5.95 watts
Apple TV Repairability: 8 out of 10 (10 is easiest to repair)
● Relatively easy to open case that can be easily reassembled.
● Separate power supply board that can be replaced independently of the logic board.
● Simple design - there's 6 pieces!
● Relatively common fasteners (Phillips and T6 Torx) found throughout.
● Thermal pads rather than thermal paste means no messy cleanup.
● Lots of expensive electronics housed on one singular board means that if one fries, the board is toast.
Where to find the direct links to the iPhone ...
Where to find the direct links to the iPad Fi...
Where to find the direct links to the iPod to...
Apple has officially released iOS 8 for downl...
Instructions on how to update your iPhone to ...
Amazon has updated its Kindle App for iOS wit...
The Clear To-Do app has been updated for iOS ...
Apple has released OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 to u...