Apple Releases iPhone 2.1 Firmware
Apple has released the iPhone 2.1 firmware which contains many bug fixes and improvements.
* Decrease in call set-up failures and dropped calls
* Significantly better battery life for most users
* Dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
* Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
* Faster installation of 3rd party applications
* Fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes for users with lots of third party applications
* Improved performance in text messaging
* Faster loading and searching of contacts
* Improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
* Repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
* Option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
* Genius playlist creation
Again, we recommend not updating your iPhone to the 2.1 firmware until the iPhone Dev-Team releases an update to PwnageTool. This may be important for those hoping for an unlock in the future.