Jawbone UP Owners Can Get a Full Refund and Keep the Fitness Band
Jawbone CEO Hosain Rahman has announced a No Questions Asked Guarantee that gives those experiencing difficulties with their device a full refund and lets them keep the band.
The Jawbone UP consists of a small wristband and an app for iPhone and iPod touch that work together to track your daily activity, sleep patterns, and eating habits.
Since its release owners of the device have complained that it will not hold a charge. In a letter to customers, Rahman says they have determined what caused the problem.
While many of you continue to enjoy the UP experience, we know that some of you have experienced issues with your UP band. Given our commitment to delivering the highest quality products, this is unacceptable and you have our deepest apologies. We've been working around the clock to identify the root causes and we'd like to thank everyone who has provided us with information and returned their bands to us for troubleshooting. With your help, we've found an issue with two specific capacitors in the power system that affects the ability to hold a charge in some of our bands. We're also fixing an issue with syncing related to the band hardware. Typically, these issues surface within the first seven to ten days of use. The glitches are purely performance related and do not pose any safety risk.
To make things right with their customers, Jawbone announced the new guarantee.
The UP No Questions Asked Guarantee. This means that for whatever reason, or no reason at all, you can receive a full refund for UP. This is true even if you decide to keep your UP band. We are so committed to this product that we're offering you the option of using it for free. The program starts December 9th and full details can be found at http://jawbone.com/uprefund.
ELIGIBILITY & RULES
● Refund applies to any UP band purchased from an authorized Jawbone retailer in 2011.
● Limit one refund per purchased UP band.
●This refund may be claimed from December 9th, 2011 to December 31st, 2012.
● If you choose to receive the refund, you may still keep your UP band.
● If you experience any problem with your qualifying UP band, Jawbone will send you a replacement band through its standard product warranty. Simply contact Customer Support.
● By claiming this refund, you are certifying that your UP band qualifies for this program, you have not previously returned your UP band or received store credit for it, and will not return, resell or collect money in any way for your UP band through another source.