Apple Stores Perform 17x Better Than Average Store [Chart]
New data from RetailSails reveals that Apple Stores outperform the average retailer by seventeen times, reports Asymco.
Looking at sales per unit area, some benchmark figures are:
● Annual store sales in the range of $300 per square foot is considered respectable in the US.
● The US national average for regional malls is $341.
● The average for specialty apparel retailers is $400 per square foot.
● The average for jewelers is in the range of $600 per square foot.
● The median for the best 20 US retailers is $787/sq. ft.
Taking a look at the chart below we can see that Apple is twice as efficient as Tiffany and Co, seven times as efficient as the median of the top 20, and seventeen times better than the average mall retail space.