15% of iPhone Owners Would Rather Give Up Sex Than Their iPhone [Survey]
According to a survey released today by Gazelle, a high-end consumer electronics trade-in site, consumers really love their iPhones.
● Forget the IPO buzz: iPhone, not Facebook, is what consumers truly can't do without. When asked which device or platform they would not be able to live without, a majority (65%) chose iPhone, while only a few (1%) report not being able to do without Facebook. Nearly 15% of respondents said they'd rather give up sex than go for even a weekend without their iPhone. Now that's love.
● Tim Cook, are you listening? Consumers want an iPhone with a larger screen. Nearly 40% of respondents report a bigger screen is the feature they would most like to see added to the next version of the iPhone. Apple has remained non-committal about whether the next version will feature a larger screen, but if the decision was left in the hands of consumers, we'd all need a little extra room in our pockets and purses.
● Thanks to iPhone, consumers have been able to reduce the number of devices they own. Nearly 70% of survey respondents report waving goodbye to their iPod or mp3 player since purchasing an iPhone. Fifty-five percent have ditched their camera, and over 40% have gotten rid of their GPS unit since buying an iPhone.
● iPhone is ruining our manners and we love it anyway. More than 25% of survey respondents report that they "almost always" use their iPhone while in a social setting such as during a meal or while at a party. iPhone hasn't just changed how we communicate and access information it's also completely changed live social interaction. A combined 58% of respondents say they use their iPhone in a social setting either "usually" or "occasionally," while only 17% of respondents report using their iPhone in such a situation either "rarely" or "never."
● Think twice before you reach for a friend's iPhone you don't know where it's been. Nearly 85% of respondents report having used their iPhone while in the bathroom. Perhaps more disturbingly, nearly 4% of respondents report having used their iPhone while having sex.
Read More [via iMore]