Carbon Copy Cloner 3.5 Adds Mountain Lion Compatibility, Goes Paid
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.5 has been released bringing Mountain Lion support and transitioning the product to paid software. CCC lets you backup your data and the operating system's data on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moments notice.
If you have not "donated" to Bombich Software in the past, this version of CCC will impose a 30-day trial. In order to grow our support and development team, we have made the transition to a commercial product. This will allow us to to continue offering frequent updates to our software, including new features. This will also enable our stellar customer support to remain that way. Transitioning from donationware to a commercial offering underscores our commitment to deliver the best Mac OS X cloning and backup utility on the market.
What's New In This Version:
● NEW: This version of CCC requires Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion, and is fully qualified on each of those OSes. We will continue to provide user support and bug fixes for Tiger and Leopard users on CCC 3.4.x for a while longer.
● NEW: Recovery HD support has been overhauled to better support the concept of "one Recovery HD partition per volume", rather than one per disk. If you have multiple backup volumes with different OSes (e.g. Lion and Mountain Lion), CCC can associate a Recovery HD with each one and apply the appropriate OS to each Recovery HD partition.
● CHANGED: We have leveraged code signing within CCC for nearly five years. For GateKeeper compliance on Mountain Lion, however, CCC is now signed with an Apple Developer Certificate.
● CHANGED: Most of the binaries in the CCC bundle are now 32/64-bit Intel-only binaries.
● FIXED: Fixed an issue that appeared in 10.7.4, specific to Macs running Lion with a 64-bit kernel, in which the /Volumes folder on the destination volume would be locked rather than hidden. This resulted in external volumes being unmountable when booted from the backup volume.
● CHANGED: Performance of deleting scheduled tasks is much improved.
● CHANGED: CCC previously encountered some performance problems when simultaneously saving very large numbers of scheduled tasks (e.g. > 29). These problems should now be resolved. This is most applicable when updating CCC, or when CCC has been moved and all tasks must be re-saved at the same time.
● CHANGED: Updated graphics for High Resolution support on the new MacBook Pro (Retina).
You can learn more about CCC at the link below. The new version costs $39.95 but is on sale for $29.96 for a limited time.