Mozilla Announces Firefox 16 Beta
Closely following the release of Firefox 15, Mozilla has announced a beta of Firefox 16.
Firefox Beta for Windows, Mac and Linux introduces an easier way for developers to interact with Firefox's new developer tools and adds support for a number of Web standards.
● Developer Toolbar: Firefox Beta introduces a new way to access Firefox Developer Tools. Selecting "Developer Toolbar" on the Web Developer menu of your Firefox toolbar will bring up a bar at the bottom of the screen that provides quick and easy access to all the Firefox Developer Tools. A unique-to-Firefox command line allows you to rapidly control your tools without removing your hands from the keyboard.
● Unprefixing of Stable CSS4 Features: Developers no longer need to add vendor prefixes for CSS3 Animations, Transitions, Transforms, Image Values, Values & Units and IndexedDB. Firefox Beta also unprefixes Battery API and Vibration API, two Web APIs that Mozilla helped create.
What's New In This Version:
● NEW: Firefox on Mac OS X now has preliminary VoiceOver support turned on by default
● NEW: Initial web app support (Windows/Mac/Linux)
● NEW: Acholi localization added
● DEVELOPER: New Developer Toolbar with buttons for quick access to tools, error count for the Web Console, and a new command line for quick keyboard access
● DEVELOPER: CSS3 Animations, Transitions, Transforms and Gradients unprefixed in Firefox 16
● DEVELOPER: Recently opened files list in Scratchpad implemented
● FIXED: Debugger breakpoints do not catch on page reload (783393)
● FIXED: No longer supporting MD5 as a hash algorithm in digital signatures (650355)
● FIXED: Opus support by default (772341)
● FIXED: Reverse animation direction has been implemented (655920)
● FIXED: Per tab reporting in about:memory (687724)
● FIXED: User Agent strings for pre-release Firefox versions now show only major version (728831)