How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Windows) [6.0]

Show Article
Comments (163)
vel - February 13, 2013 at 5:30am
Hi every body, I have good news for 3gs Newboot rom & unlock carrier after update ios 6.1 jailbreak with baseband 6.15 and update, and boot it with redsn0w justboot. then go to cydia, intall ultrasn0w 1.2.8 only. very import don't install " ultrasn0w fixer 6.1 " and install evasi0n utether. reboot the device. enjoy.
maduprasad - February 21, 2013 at 10:41am
thanks. it works perfectly
Belizean_boy24 - February 23, 2013 at 11:08pm
It doesn't load evasion untether. it says it cannot. but it installs ultrasnow.Help
Vel - March 4, 2013 at 8:51am
Hi, use snowbreeze 2.9.11 to make custom firmware and restore the firmware with itunes. then install ultrasn0w from cydia. Thanks
juca - April 7, 2013 at 12:35am
how do u downgrade baseband 6.15 to 5.13. i have upgraded to ios 6.13 and am facing the same problem with activation too....i need your help urgently
kazmiPrince - January 27, 2013 at 6:09pm
Hello to all i have method to get service after jailbreaking on ios 6.0.1 & 6.0 first of all jailbreak with redsnow 0.9.15b3, select ispw file 6.0 after that go back and click on jailbreak after that tick install cydia & downgrade baseband booth shoul be ticked(selected) (note that:- ur iphone should have 6.15.00 baseband) after jailbreaking u see ur baseband downgrade to 5.13.04 now go to cydia, wait some time after cydia loaded its packages go to tha manage, now select source, add source and type this source http://repo.iparelhos.com when source pkg download completed go to the search in cydia and type ultrasnow now u can see there are two files ultra snow and ultrasnow fixer now first install ultrasnow fixer and then ultrasnow after restart spring board go to setting and active airplane mode now restart your iphone (ipmortant note :- who has iphone 3gs ol boot room must start ur iphone with ultrasnow just boot thetered method, and those who have iphone 3gs new boot room there iphone star automatically but is recommended they should be also start there iphone from ultrasnow just boot thetered method because if u didnot do this step ur cydia will crashes u can check this:-) after just boot thetered go to setting and turn off air plane modd now u can see iphone says no sim, now pull in sim and wait for 2 minute vola after searching u got ur signal (service). this is it dont worry feel free to ask any question , subscribe me on facebook Kazmi.wali@yahoo.com to get ur replies, and like my post feel free to ask any question there is no other method without downgrading baseband 6.15.00 to 5.13.04 so those people they have on another basebands first upgrade thier baseband to 6.15.00 this ting u got after installing ios 5.1.1 firmware its also update ur baseband to 6.15.00 and then u can easily downgarde to 5.13.04 base band this is complete discription for getting ur service on ios 6.0.1 & 6.0 like my post subscribe me on facebook
Linas - February 12, 2013 at 10:25pm
As i know, the only one thing u need to do, is install ipad baseband, which makes your modem firmware to 6.15.00 version. So than it will allows you to unlock it..
Vel - February 13, 2013 at 5:28am
tara - January 24, 2013 at 8:43pm
I did everything, and then tried to make a phone call and it wont work. also, it wont let me connect to my internet?
Jazmine - January 21, 2013 at 6:55pm
I updated my 3g then downloaded cydia but now that im trying to "just boot" its saying that theres a problem with my USB. anny suggestions on how to work around it?
Katrina - January 18, 2013 at 2:04am
After I press Jailbreak and go through the few steps it says: Missing Keys.plist data for this build: Device: iphone 3GS and two other things. Any advice here?
BillyP - January 18, 2013 at 9:24am
quote from a earlier post: Jack - January 10, 2013 at 3:06am hey if you having the missing keys plist just start redsn0w by right click and run as and admin
AnnaRose - January 18, 2013 at 2:44pm
I run as administrator and it still comes up with the missing keys...?!
Everson - January 12, 2013 at 3:31am
i having a problem with the redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 . unable to recognize specified IPSW . my 3GS restored to 6.0.1 . i tried using 6.0.1 & 6.0 on redsn0w but still it cant recognize . any idea ?
abrham - January 11, 2013 at 9:08am
i update my iphone 3g to itunes and i had a error its unknown error occured (1015) help me please i use 4.2.1 ..
Richard - January 11, 2013 at 8:26am
Ok I bought an iPhone 3GS on the Internet, I did not know it was Unblocked or jailbroken, I ungraded it to iOS6.0.1, Now i get this error in iTunes. The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported Carrier's store to receive a replacement SIM card. What do I do now? can I get the iOS off? I did backup the iPhone before I upgraded but that is all I did. Please Help???
sandeep - January 19, 2013 at 6:29pm
Check the baseband. If needed downgrade. Your problem will be resolved
Austin - January 10, 2013 at 4:40am
I got to the Jailbreak part and when i start it it says identifying......... then after awhile is says unexpected failure. Error with SHSH blobs
Austin - January 10, 2013 at 4:48am
I need help my phone wont turn on now. Someone help soon please i have to go to bed soon.
bud1r - January 10, 2013 at 5:01am
Have you succeeded in Restoring with iOS 6.0.1 on iTunes 11? If so, open redsn0w, select Extras -> select IPSW -> target the iOS 6.0 (yes 6.0 ) -> Jailbreak -> check install cydia and check downgrade BaseBand , then continue Does ur 3GS has a new or old BootRom ?
Austin - January 10, 2013 at 5:07am
New.
Austin - January 10, 2013 at 5:09am
How do i target the IOS 6.0 but im pretty sure my phone is 6.1
bud1r - January 10, 2013 at 5:15am
New? Then same as mine, so it will become a tethered jailbreak. yes, we have to use 6.0.1 to restore but, redsnow wont recognize 6.0.1 so we have to download also the 6.0 to hard drive, and use it to jailbreak and install cydia and downgrade the BaseBand.
Austin - January 10, 2013 at 5:17am
And my phone is stuck in DFU mode bc when i did jailbreak it started at identifying then is said SHSH error
Austin - January 10, 2013 at 5:19am
I really hope this works bc i am using my iPhone 3gs with straight talk and i get the unlimited everything and it wont let me use internet.
Austin - January 10, 2013 at 5:21am
I have to go ill try this tomorrow.
Austin - January 10, 2013 at 5:23am
Do you mean Iphone 2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw ?
bud1r - January 10, 2013 at 5:25am
yes it will stay in DFU as a result of the SHSH error, but will directly move on to the JB process once redsnow has the 6.0 IPSW to work with. And another thing, you have to have a Wi-fi connection to connect to the internet and use Cydia to install Ultrasn0w fixer , then Ultrasn0w ( not the other way around), to unlock.
bud1r - January 10, 2013 at 5:26am
yes, iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore
bud1r - January 10, 2013 at 5:33am
When you done with the JB (install cydia and downgrade BB ) , connect to a proxy-free Wi-Fi and : Open Cydia, Click Manage, Then click Sources -> Click Edit and add in the repo: http://repo.iparelhos.com (ultrasn0w Fixer ) . Because I tried Reload the Packages and it seemed like ages to bringt-out the ultrasn0w Fixer, so add directly the iparelhos instead. Remember, Ultrasn0w Fixer first then ultrasn0w. Good luck
Austin - January 10, 2013 at 12:47pm
When i put my sim card back in after everything on computer, my phone still doesn't let me on the internet. Did i do something wrong?
bud1r - January 10, 2013 at 5:17pm
At this stage, quit the redsnow and turn off the phone ( or be prepared to go into DFU again ) , open redsnow -> extras - select IPSW 6.0 -> Back -> Just Boot.
Austin - January 11, 2013 at 12:30am
What does downgrade bb mean?
Austin - January 11, 2013 at 12:32am
The only thing near that is downgrade from Ipad Baseband.
Austin - January 11, 2013 at 12:49am
Even after i got done with everything, when i try to get on the internet my phone says Could not activate cellular data network. You are no subscribed to a data service.
Austin - January 11, 2013 at 2:18am
What i am actually trying to do is.... I got the iphone 3gs put a striaght talk sim card in it and it wont let me on the Internet it keeps saying what i said above, Will this even fix my problem?
Naveen Ram - January 16, 2013 at 9:38am
Mine is a New bootroom bought at dec month 2009
Jack - January 10, 2013 at 3:06am
Late 2014 Mac Mini Teardown Reveals Soldered RAM [Photos]
iFixit has published a teardown of the new 20...
Facebook Updates 'Paper' App With Support for Larger iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Facebook has updated its 'Paper' app with sup...
Apple to Require All New iOS Apps to be 64-Bit Starting February 1st
Apple has announced that it will require all ...
Early Benchmarks for the New 27-Inch Retina iMac [Chart]
Here are some early 64-bit benchmarks for the...
Tim Cook Congratulates Employees on Strong Quarter in Internal Memo
In a letter to employees, Apple CEO Tim Cook ...