How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Windows) [6.0]

Show Article
Comments (163)
abhijeet_daskar - December 22, 2012 at 1:59am
i have iphone 3gs running on iOS 6.0.1 , when i select ipsw it showning some fingerprint something and showing redsnow is not supported with this version of ipsw! what to do? please help me!
Daveg - December 27, 2012 at 10:25pm
Point to the 6.0 firmware instead. and select jailbreak.
Claudia - December 9, 2012 at 4:10am
hi, everything worked until the last step... "Select Just boot from the Extras menu to boot tethered and follow the instructions to put your device into DFU mode again for boot." for some reason it won't work, and idk why.
Derick - December 4, 2012 at 8:27pm
i updated my 3gs and then tried running the jailbreak and it keeps saying exploit failed any suggestions?
renzie - December 1, 2012 at 7:09pm
I have just updated my iphone 3gs and afterwards, it has no service/searching for network. How can i fix this?
PcOnline - December 3, 2012 at 6:58am
Is your iPhone is LOCKED? Send me your imei, I will check for you!
nitesh - December 3, 2012 at 5:53pm
please answer my query also check below comments
Don - November 30, 2012 at 9:32pm
AT step seven, I get this message: Missing Keys .plist data for this build Device: iphone 3gs Build: iphone 2, 1_6.0.1_10A523 Can you help? Don
purple_bear12 - December 9, 2012 at 1:19am
hi Don, I'm having the same problem.... how did you fix it??? any help would be great thanks....
Don - December 9, 2012 at 2:01am
I haven't fixed it. I did find an article that said phones that have my particular firmware and version cannot be jailbroken. But, as I have time I'll keep trying. If you have any success please let me know. Don
purple_bear12 - December 9, 2012 at 1:08pm
my iphone 3g was already jailbroke before i had to update it. it doesnt make sense why it wouldnt let me jailbreak again. my iphone doesnt have a sim card in it. thats why i need to jailbreak. i only use it as an ipod. dont use it as a phone. does anyone have an idea of what sim card to get that i wont need a plan for??? or how i can fix the problem that im having??? thanks =-)
karla - December 9, 2012 at 4:01pm
please i need help at step seven the same ting happened to me but now my phone wont turn on.
purple_bear12 - December 9, 2012 at 6:14pm
Hey Don, i found this site http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHgDPMx-oZE this morning.... i dont know if it will work... it sounds like it will... i have a different solution coming for mine...so im not going to try it. i hope it fixes your problem.... my brother originally jailbroke it the first time. so im just getting a sim card. thanks for the help...
nitesh - November 27, 2012 at 9:30pm
hi i have iphone3gs BB 6.15 new bootrom and please suggest and right now i am using ios4.1 ,i need to upgrade IOS and also downdrade baseband for GPS
thomas - December 21, 2012 at 6:44am
ok fellas all of you did the jail break right but u have to again jailbreak but only in the just boot option , after that it should be in safe mode the cariier unlock only works in safe mode via battery dead or youi turn it off youll hVE TO HOOK IT UP TO REDSNOW again hit only just boot cydia works and internet works only in safe mode with carrier unlocked using i believe ultrasnow within cydia also if u have ipad baseband files backed up you can impolrt them using this version of redsnow ive done it on several devices ipod 4 iphone3gs and and ipad so that seems to be the fix sucks if u have crap battery life as is
Zhe - November 24, 2012 at 8:22pm
My iPhone bricked on Step 6. After entering recovery mode instead of DFU mode my phone no longer turns on and is not recognized in itunes.
Zhe - November 24, 2012 at 11:52pm
ez. 10 seconds is too long. Just let go of the power button after 7 or 8 seconds instead to avoid recovery mode. Also, the phone doesn't have to be off. In fact, it only worked when I left it on. Go figure, bad instructions but amazing program. Thank you iPhone Dev Team!
Jeevs - November 23, 2012 at 7:27am
I had 3Gs jailbroken with iOS 4.1, which was working fine. Tried upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 by: 1. Restore to 'iPhone2,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore' using iTune 10.7 2. Choosing the 'iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore' IPSW, jailbreak using 'redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3'. 3. Again using 'iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore' did just boot tethered. 4. Cydia shows 6.0.1 No error with above steps, but didn't get service. Then based on the suggestion, I tired: 5. Installed Ultrasn0w Fixer. Still no luck, then tried: 6. Jailbreak again to Downgrade to iPad Baseband. 7. Using 'iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore' did just boot tethered. 8. Re-install Ultrasn0w Fixer. Same.. No service still.. Please help -Jeevs
Almostdesperate - November 23, 2012 at 7:45am
6.0.1 10A523, can go to this link: http://blog.ih8sn0w.com/2012/11/sn0wbreeze-v297.html?m=1 Mine done by referring here...works perfectly fine
Jeevs - November 23, 2012 at 8:43am
Thanks, will try this out..
Jeevs - November 23, 2012 at 10:28am
One side note, can I downgrade to iOS 5.1.1?
Almostdesperate - November 23, 2012 at 11:35am
Jeevs, U can.
Jeevs - November 23, 2012 at 2:24pm
I tried using sn0breeze and wend to DFU mode (to check the bootrom), after that I tried restoring the phone using iTune. Got error (1600) and my phone is not coming out from DFU mode..Help please..
Almostdesperate - November 23, 2012 at 4:34pm
Jeevs - November 27, 2012 at 1:04pm
After getting error while downgrading to 5.1.1, I tried following: 1. Downgraded to iOS 4.1 with BB 6.15 2. Jailbreak using redsn0W No luck, then manually installed 'utrasn0w' using cydia..Got into same issue as 'No service'. 3. Downgraded the BB (to 5.13.04) using 4.1 IPSW by redsn0w.. After that got my iPhone working good.. With iOS 4.1 and BB 5.13.04, again tried upgrading to 5.1.1 by: 1. Restore to 5.1.1 using iTune 10.7, but got 3149 error. The video shared by you indicate that I should be having "GOOD" shsh to resolve this issue (by using tinyumbrella). But as mention the steps, my shsh doesn't look good. Please tell me the safer way to upgrade to 5.1.1?
Simon - November 22, 2012 at 12:23am
Nope my 3GS upgrade to IOS 6.0.1 and jailbreak is just not working out Firstly my phone has become so unreceptive to my touch, requiring few strokes before it works Secondly and more importantly, my Cydia crashes, in that it closes instantly the moment I open it or any other Cydia downloaded app. Also some of the Cydia apps causes the phone to go into SafeMode. After I restart, the earlier case of crashing happens I had to countless time reinstall Cydia with iBooty I figure 3GS is just not cutout for IOS 6. Can anyone suggest the best OS downgrade for 3GS? AND how I would go about it step by step? Man this has been one painful lesson... don't fix it if it ain't broke
Almostdesperate - November 22, 2012 at 2:32am
I must agree with u about not fixing it if it aint broke...i had to upgrade mine because my phone crashed and had to restore. So, 6.0.1 it is...fortunately, until today my phone is doing just fine with 6.0.1...cant wait for iphone5 to be launched here in Malaysia. Or maybe u can try to downgrade to older version? For me, 4.3 was good.
Simon - November 21, 2012 at 1:21pm
I have tried jailbreaking and am going round in circles Mistake no 1 - I upgraded to OS 6.0.1 through itunes and find out some problems . Then I try to do what is advise here and am so confused as to what is to be done as I get a hanging reboot or the same error message Can someone give me a step by step to :- 1) reinstall cydia on my now 6.0.1 iphone3gs 2) restore my apps from my itunes Major question here is when is iTunes supposed to be open during all these processes?
Almostdesperate - November 21, 2012 at 3:20pm
Simon, Pls refer to the link i posted below for ios 6.0.1 3GS to jailbreak using snowbreeze.
Simon - November 21, 2012 at 4:43pm
Almostdesperate, thanks for your link However at this stage I have become desperate & frustrated & tired. Not only did I try redsnow, I also tried snowbreeze..... After hrs on the pc, still no Cydia, and half my apps can't get loaded. I miss the Cydia apps more Wonder whether IOS 6 is worth the trouble. Already it seems to stutter along the way. Should have stayed with my 4.0.1 and saved all this bother Need to sleep on it tonite and see if I want to go through this again tomorrow. This time I think I want to downgrade to maybe pre OS 5 Any suggestions? Maybe 4.3?
Simon - November 21, 2012 at 8:58pm
Finally got it done, thanks to youtube video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi22Ek4xvNo&feature=player_embedded#!
Almostdesperate - November 21, 2012 at 10:18pm
Simon, glad u finally managed to get it done...:)
MythBusters Explain Gorilla Glass and Demonstrate Its Strength [Video]
Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman of MythBusters ...
The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Are Capable of Playing Back 4K Video
The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are reportedly...
You Can Now Upload to the iCloud.com Photos Beta
Apple has updated the public online iCloud Ph...
Apple Gets Final Approval on 'Highly Unusual' $450 Million E-Book Settlement
A U.S. judge has granted Apple final approval...
Amazon's Black Friday Deals Start Today
Amazon has announced that its Black Friday de...