How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Mac)

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Mac)

howtechworksdotnet - September 30, 2012 at 6:39am
Jailbreak iPhone 3GS OS 3.0 with RedSn0w Using MAC http://www.howtechworks.net/2012/09/jailbreak-iphone-3gs-os-30-with-redsn0w.html
Olivia - January 18, 2010 at 1:55am
I\'ve tried this three times but, after I finish each time the screen on my iphone goes black and won\'t respond so then I have to restore it using iTunes and Cydia is never there. Why won\'t it work?
Paul R - October 17, 2009 at 1:45pm
Who ever can help me: Can i jail brake my Iphone 3G (3.0) using this tutorial which says that is made for iphone 3GS????? please if anyone can help, i will really appreciate it.
Pedro - October 21, 2009 at 11:25am
dude, there\'s a tutorial very similar to that in this site. and it\'s for the iphone 3g. i did it in mine, and it worked perfectly. glad if i helped.
taraya mccord - October 13, 2009 at 9:49pm
how can i restore the older firmware 3.0.1 from 3.1.2 without using itunes because that doesnt allow me to do it
Josh - October 13, 2009 at 9:52pm
unfortunately you are unable to at the moment, I believe. you upgraded too soon :(
sherryworld - October 14, 2009 at 4:48am
try http://www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-iphone-3.1-to-3.0.1/
4you - October 5, 2009 at 4:14pm
how can jailbreake my iphone 3gs version 3.1 i try many times whit this tutorial but says unable to recognize specified IPSW, i\'m using redsn0w 0.8 and firmware iphone2,1_3.0.1_7A400 any help please
Jay - October 3, 2009 at 3:36pm
I did I jailbreak and unlock my iphone 3g using this(and another about unlock) great tutorial!!!! My iphone works perfect!!! Thank you very much!!!!!!
scared - December 17, 2009 at 10:59am
i\'m waiting for it to reboot and its taking forever! I\'m so scared it\'ll be locked or something! HELP~
joe - October 3, 2009 at 2:10am
the firmware for 3gs is a bunch of files how to i get it to look like the box ipsw
decarvalhod - September 30, 2009 at 3:03pm
I just got my iphone 3GS and it came with 3.0.1 FW. I want to Jailbreak and unlock it however I have a doubt. I have a mac and I know I should use RedSn0w, the only doubt I have is regarding if I should just go ahed open RedSn0w and select the 3.0.1 firmware (I already downloaded) and follow the steps or should I restore to 3.0 FW and then open RedSn0w an select 3.0.1 firmware? Thanks for all the help!
flowctrl - October 2, 2009 at 3:59pm
The comment in the article: ** If you would like to jailbreak on the 3.0.1 firmware you can follow these exact instructions; however, in Step Two restore using this 3.0.1 iPhone firmware file instead of the 3.0 one. Continue with the instructions as indicated.** Is not true. redsn0w only works with the 3.0 firmware. If you select the 3.1 firmware with it, it will say \"Unable to recognize specified IPSW\". So it appears that the only solution is to downgrade to 3.0. To make matters worse, iTunes no longer allows restoring to an IPSW of a version less than 3.1. So to downgrade or even install a new IPSW, you\'ll have to downgrade iTunes if you\'re using the latest version. I *assume* that downgrading iTunes will let you install older IPSWs, but I didn\'t test that myself. I\'m hoping that the DevTeam releases a new redsn0w soon that accepts the 3.0.1 firmware.
Pedro - October 23, 2009 at 9:36am
I was just trying to downgrade mine 3gs from 3.0.1 to 3.0 with itunes 8.2 and failed. itunes won\'t let us do the downgrade.
36chambers - September 29, 2009 at 11:01pm
wow, cant say that uve made it easier enough!! ive had troubles in the past with this following alll the other guides on the net and i got a new iphone 2day, luckly enough i came over your guide! no problems what so ever done in minutes first go... thank you very much!!!!!
DAX - September 27, 2009 at 11:16pm
For the people having problems unlocking their 3G w/ 3.0.1, I tried following the instructions with no luck, so I downgraded from 3.0.1 to 3.0 and the it all worked perfectly JB and unlock! good luck