In the announcement, the team reveals that one single developer was responsible for the jailbreak. In addition, TaiG reveals that their jailbreak does support iOS 8.2 but that support has been disabled in the public release as iOS 8.2 is still in beta. Finally, the team says they decided to release because Apple typically releases a firmware version around Thanksgiving and doesn't release another until around the first quarter of the following year.
Notably, TaiG also invites Pangu to work with them.
Here's the full translated announcement via reddit:
So far, TaiGJBreak (supporting iOS8.0-8.1.1) has gained popularity and consent among worldwide jailbreakers for its simplicity, security and transparency. A lot of media, senior JB developers and fellow developers have expressed their congratulations, TaiG hereby thank all of them.
Due to complexity of JB, we notice there are some doubts in media reports, e.g. does TaiG support iOS 8.2 beta? what's TaiG's consideration to release it for 8.1.1? We would like to make some clarifications for these questions:
1. In fact, support of iOS 8.2 has been completed by TaiG, as 8.2 is still at beta stage, we have disabled support for 8.2 in current public release.
2. Releasing a stable iOS version around Thanksgiving, and maintain it until the first quarter of next year, has been usual practice of Apple, which means 8.1.1 will be around for quite some time, and it is a relatively stable firmware. These are the main reasons that TaiG chose to release JB for 8.1.1. In addition, signing of 8.1 is closed earlier today, thus it could be a good time to update to 8.1.1 and jailbreak.
3. 2 above is also in responding to the concern that TaiG may expose exploits too early. Postponing release will not bring more benefits for users, that will just increase influence on attention from the hunger desire of users.
4. In our team we have the 3rd (probably the 1st) developer in the world who has accomplished JB individually. We will try to give you surprises in every subsequent iOS public release, and we are very confident about that.
5. Of course jailbreaking is a hard and complex work, relying on 1 person or a single team will not make it last long. Luckily we have some fellows domestically, if we can cooperate, it will bring more benefits for all users. Thus we sincerely invite PanGu Team for a face-to-face communication, to find a way of cooperation for providing faster and better jailbreak service together.
6. Thanks again for everyone's attention on TaiG. Thanks to thousands of enthusiastic users for providing bug feedback and suggestions, we will be fixing these in our next release soon.
TaiG Jailbreak Team
Tuesday, 2 Dec 2014
You can instructions on how to jailbreak your device using one of the linked tutorials below or by visiting the iClarified Jailbreak Wizard:
● How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s Using TaiG (Windows) [iOS 8.1.1]
● How to Jailbreak Your iPad Air 2, Air, 4, 3, 2, Mini Using TaiG (Windows) [iOS 8.1.1]
● How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch 5G Using TaiG (Windows) [iOS 8.1.1]
Please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for more updates.