This release contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
● Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store
● Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected when a user entered their passcode.
● Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library
● Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
● Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages
● Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
● Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups.
● Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
You can download the update from Software Update in the General menu of the Settings app. We will post direct links shortly.
● iPhone Firmware Download Links
● iPad Firmware Download Links
● iPod Touch Firmware Download Links
Update: We received reports that this update causes cell service and Touch ID issues. We recommend you hold off on updating until Apple addresses this issue.
Apple has pulled the software update to iOS 8.0.1.
Please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for updates.