The prediction comes via research note in which Deutsche Bank analysts reveal what they are expecting from the iPhone 7 based on supply chain checks.
Here's a look at what they are anticipating:
● A “Plus” model with a dual-camera for better zoom and 3GB of RAM
● A standard model with an improved camera and optical image stabilisation
● Better sound, possibly stereo sound
● “Professional class water-proofing”
● A home button that uses motors to simulate a click, which would last longer than the current home button
● A new colour, so there’s a version that looks different than current iPhones
● The elimination of the 3.5mm headphone jack, as has been discussed endlessly. Headphones will instead plug in through Apple’s lightning charging port
● Deutsche Bank expects Apple to include a Lightning-to-audio dongle with the iPhone 7, not a pair of Lightning headphones
This isn't the first time we've heard that Apple plans to ship the iPhone 7 with an adapter rather than Lightning headphones. Back in June, Macotakara made the same prediction.
Please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for updates.
[via Business Insider]