How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 Using Greenpois0n (Mac) [4.2.1]

Show Article
Comments (147)
ashley - January 15, 2013 at 2:38pm
Having problems... ugh help me!
Sharky - December 2, 2011 at 8:25am
If you're raeding this, you're all set, pardner!
pinkapplegirl - April 18, 2011 at 11:37pm
I recently updated to 4.2.6, I managed to go through the jailbreak but the loader does not open, any suggestions?
pinkapplegirl - April 18, 2011 at 11:39pm
I am sorry i meant 4.2.7
yarooo - March 20, 2011 at 5:21am
Hi everybody I\'m new idevice user, and i need some help. My Iphone4 4.2.1 jailbroken and my BB v 03.10.01 I didn\'t have any saved SHSH and in my Cydia it says \"This device has a pending TSS request \" & when i run TinyUmberela it just show Iphone4 4.3 (8F190) i need to restore my Iphone to 4.2.1 again and you know apple stop singing 4.2.1, i want to know is there any chance to restore my iphone to 4.2.1 ? or someone know about how to jailbreak 4.3 untethered ??? please help me Thanks in Advance
rahul - March 15, 2011 at 12:38pm
loader is not able to download cydia app
grant - March 10, 2011 at 2:39pm
i hav been sitting here for ages and nothings haened it been sitting scrolling and them bottom sayin anic; we are hanging there... can you help me
AzN - March 2, 2011 at 10:40pm
I have a JB iphone on 4.2.1 (tethered). Will i be able to JB again on Greenpoison? Please advise. Appreciate it. Thanks.
ReyBlack - February 28, 2011 at 8:37pm
Hi all! I\'ve just apply greenpoison method to jailbreak my iphone4, but i have 4.1 instead 4.2.1. Now I want to restore to 4.2.1. following this tutorial ( How to Update Your iPhone 4 Without Upgrading the Baseband (Mac) [4.2.1]) but the process doesn\'t finish. I have my iPhone with the apple screen and the progress bar is about 70%. iTunes is \"Restoring iPhone software...\". I have tried to restore the official way, but i have the same result. I have tried to restore to 4.1 and the same... I can\'t exit the recovery mode (i have tried with tinyumbrella, but no success). I am desperate !!! Can anyone help me, please?
Ugh - March 11, 2011 at 5:07pm
* Open Finder * Hold down COMMAND + SHIFT keys and press ‘G’ * Enter “/private/etc/” in the field and press “Go” * Find “hosts” file in the directory * Drag the file to your desktop * Open it in text editor * Remove the line that has gs.apple.com entirely or put a # at the beginning of it to comment it out * Save the file * Drag it back to the /private/etc/ folder. * You’d need to enter your username and password to authenticate the move
cha_cha_mia - February 10, 2011 at 10:30am
I went through this post and it seems now I can do an untethered jailbreak w/ the iPhone 3gs\'s latest firmware - but still cannot unlock? just wanted to confirm. Here\'s my background: iPhone 3gs was bought used off craigslist in August 2010 and had never been jailbroken. After purchase, it was upgraded to the latest firmware at the time which was version 4.0 (8a293) . It was then jailbroken (I believe via jailbreakme.com) and unlocked too be used on t-mobile. Nothing has been updated on the phone since then but I would like to. I just checked and it has a baseband (modem firmware) right now of 05.13.04 Looking at this page, if I was to update to the latest version (4.2.1?), I could jailbreak via Greenpois0n but I could not unlock so I could use with other carriers, is that correct? specifically this line from this post: \"Do not update to iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1 if you need the unlock. Ultrasn0w does not support that baseband yet. \"
ASSMAN - February 13, 2011 at 12:28am
YEAH NO FUCKIN\' UNLOCK YOU DUMB CUNT
jonnie - February 10, 2011 at 7:51am
RC5B4 works like a dream. Remember to keep holding the home button until the app says JB complete ! Bit of a quirk where iTunes says the phone is in DFU, but sorts itself out a few seconds later. Well done guys, good job.
1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Next >>
Scramble With Friends Gets New Leaderboards, Mega Inspire Boost, New Menu, More
Scramble With Friends has been updated with n...
Facebook 9.0 Released for iOS
Facebook has released a new version of its ap...
RadioShack Drops iPhone 5s Price to $99 Starting Tomorrow
Starting tomorrow RadioShack is dropping the ...
Eyefi Cloud Makes Newly Captured Photos Instantly Available Across Devices
Eyefi has announced Eyefi Cloud, a private ph...
Completely Rebuilt Flickr 3.0 App Released for iPhone [Download Now]
Yahoo has released Flickr 3.0, a completely r...