How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3GS, 3G Baseband for Unlock (Mac)

Show Article
Comments (67)
seff - February 2, 2014 at 8:48am
somehow I managed to flash 06.15 baseband from 05.16 on my 3GS, but any attempt to downgrade 06.15 to 05.13 ends with a redsn0w message "the connected device doesn't support untethered options". any idea what could it be and whether there is any runaround would be greatly appreciated
Saad - January 23, 2014 at 3:14pm
i am using iphone 3G and it is not going to dfu mode and give some error on redsnow. I want to downgrade my baseband please guide me
vivek - April 30, 2013 at 10:19am
Hi I tried doing it. In the end it gives me an ERROR. "Please reboot the device in to normal operating mode. then perform a clean slide to power off. then try redsnow again. \ what do i do now? cant switch off or get out of this. please help.
fubar121 - April 13, 2013 at 1:27pm
Great tutorial thank you for you hard work. How ever I can not get my 3gs to downgrade. I have tried just about every version of redsn0w with every possible firmware. currently stuck with iOS 4.1(8b117) with baseband 06.15.00 my phone is bell 3GS Model MC637C and serial 86023F0UEDG. Currently unlocked and jailbroken with redsn0w latest and ultrasn0w latest. I haave been pulling my hair out for a week now. I can reinstall the 06.15.00 with no issues and everything seems to work fine including the gps?? but when I try to downgrade redsn0w starts the exploit then crashes saying downgrade failed?? Anyone have any ideas?
ZoeSouls - February 19, 2013 at 1:54am
I'm having the same issue as Redtowner. I have a factory unlocked 3GS (serial ---947) with baseband 15.16.08 and want to downgrade my baseband back to 5.13 so I can get my imessage and picture messaging capability back and so my signal will stop spazzing. Anyone offer any advice?
ZoeSouls - February 19, 2013 at 1:59am
Forgot to mention that I'm on iOS 6.1.
redtowner - February 14, 2013 at 1:08pm
i have a 3gs with baseband 15.16.07 will this be able to downgrade my baseband so i can unlock?
Saver - January 9, 2013 at 9:29pm
OH! I DID IT! READ! I have an iPhone 3G on 4.2.1,SIM-Locked,ultrasn0w wouldn't unlock it...so i upgraded to 06.15 iPad's baseband,then,using the latest redsn0w version,i tried to downgrade from iPad baseband.After redsn0w did it's thing,iPhone rebooted and there was no baseband anymore!no cellular,no wifi,no bluetooth,imei,ecc So i tried other redsn0w versions,finally 09.14b1 was the one that worked!
koky - October 30, 2012 at 6:29pm
Hi Grandpa, I ran my iPhone 3GS with OS6 and 05.16.07 using the latest Redsn0w_10.9.15b2 and iPhone2.1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw per the above process but the phone would not downgrade and unlock. Am I using the correct files. Your assistance and advice is most appreciated. Thanks
locodo - October 28, 2012 at 4:45am
can some one help me my flash band thingy does not show... it just go straight to apple logo after loading jail break thingy... any help would be appreciate....
Mariel - January 7, 2013 at 10:55am
That is very interesting. It prvediod me a number of ideas and I’ll be writing them on my web site soon. I’m bookmarking your site and I’ll be back. Thanks again!
mickymouse - October 3, 2012 at 10:32am
I have an iphone 3GS foreign, unlocked and activated with sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 firmware 5.1.1 BB 06.15.00. The phone unlocked with Ultrasnow from cydia .. the only problem is that GPS works poorly and above notifications are not coming, and this is the thing that penalizes more .. solutions? I tried SAM, fix push, push doctor but nothing .. if I downgrade the BB work out with notifications? the phone still work?
Esther - January 7, 2013 at 9:10am
Hola como estan?? muchisimas giarcas por su tiempo y por el que se han tomado para desarrollar tantos programas para el iPhone. El metodo funciona a la perfeccion! pero cuando hago el update hasta 1.1.3 no puedo activar youtube, me dice que lo haga por iTunes pero no se que hacer en iTunes para activarlo. Si conocen la solucion se los agradesco muchisimo. Una vez mas Gracias por su tiempo.