AT&T Cracking Down On iPhones With Wrong Data Plan

AT&T Cracking Down On iPhones With Wrong Data Plan

Posted September 21, 2008 at 9:05pm by iClarified · 9 comments · Add Comment
Pong - September 22, 2008 at 3:09pm
niceguy: That's just plain stupidity. I really didn't mind ATT, and I think many users would agree that one sticks to the carrier one knows until they try to shaft you like this. And my iPhone is already unlocked, thank you very much, so I'll be switching pronto.
niceguy - September 22, 2008 at 11:22am
"rule wielding fascists?" That's pretty strong. Its a phone, not Mussolini. So, you bought it from a friend, I understand. Your friend was required to have a data plan, now you with that phone are required to as well. That's just the way it is. You'll be able to lunlock it soon enough, then you can go to T-Mobile or some other carrier and not have a data plan, right?
Pong - September 22, 2008 at 11:03am
I didn't agree to any "terms" when I bought my iPhone. I just bought it off a friend like any other phone, and started using it. Why is it that when it comes to iPhone it turns normally decent companies into rule-wielding fascists? What are they afraid of? Too much sales?
niceguy - September 22, 2008 at 10:59am
I understand, but those are the terms you agree to when buying the phone. If you aren't going to use data on an iphone, why get it?
Pong - September 22, 2008 at 10:51am
niceguy: Some people have no use or need for a data plan, so why should they have to pay for something they don't need or want???
niceguy - September 22, 2008 at 8:46am
you bought the iphone knowing what data plan you needed to use. Tough **** that AT&T figured out a way to make you live up to your end of the bargain.
Paulo Reis - September 22, 2008 at 6:45am
Received a call from Vodafone Portugal with a simillar content :) Ive bought an Iphone 2g in London few months ago (ive unlocked/jailbreak it). When ive updated to 2.0.2 firmware started to receive calls/sms from vodafone with Iphone services offers. I guess this new firmware identifies the device on the network as an iphone. Anyway got a nice deal on an Iphone Dataplan for around €10/ month.
Robert - September 21, 2008 at 9:52pm
AT&T: Your world - delivered. Payable on delivery. :)
Fred - September 21, 2008 at 9:22pm
AT&T: Your world - delivered. Only as long as it's the world we tell you to have.
Prev 1 of 1 Next