WritePad includes the advanced handwriting recognition engine for the English language (support for several other languages will be available soon) developed specifically for iPhone. It recognizes all handwriting styles: cursive, print, and mixed. To enter the text you can simply write with your finger on the iPhone screen in either landscape or portrait mode employing your own handwriting style. In the beginning the recognition quality may depend on your style and how comfortable you feel writing on the iPhone screen with your finger; however the more you use it, the better it will become as the software will adapt to your patterns. In addition, you can use simple finger gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste, insert special characters such as space and return, invoke the spell checker for the selected word, correct recognized text, and more.
WritePad is a FREE application developed to a) provide you with early access to the new input method; and to b) obtain your feedback about this new input method before it is included with PhatNotes and possibly other applications. If you have downloaded and used this application, please feel free to send your feedback to email@example.com.
New In WritePad 1.1
1. Fixed a crash when non-ASCII characters were recognized
2. Fixed a crash when selecting beyond last line of text
3. 20-level undo/redo added
4. Added 6 new buttons to the toolbar
5. Changed behavior of the Spell Check gesture
6. Added an option to draw horizontal guidelines in the Editmode
7. Various improvements in recognition engine including support for additional letters
8. Updated Help and TutorialRead More