iPhone Dev-Team Releases Trial Fix for Push Notifications

nada
Salvatore - January 27, 2010 at 5:35am
Ciao
alfie - January 6, 2010 at 6:15pm
fafrewfe
flappie kerstkonijn - January 3, 2010 at 9:39am
i would like to download certs.zip
Johann Kriegler - July 15, 2009 at 12:52am
How do you use terminal on macs please could someone right up how you do that
Roy - July 6, 2009 at 7:46am
Does not fix the battery drainage on 2g iphone. I followed the steps exactly, able to create a new keychain file etc. The only thing is that I don't use mobileme I use gmail and sync my calender, contacts etc. using the push feature which still works with 3.0 but causes my battery to drain very quickly. I'm just wondering was this fix for mobileme aim users etc and is different for gmail?
palo_ - July 6, 2009 at 4:45am
I am receiving somebody else's notifications. Who is receiving mine? I used the pack with certificates from R-242's post
jorge silva - July 6, 2009 at 10:04am
I'm having that problem too
spamuel - August 6, 2009 at 8:17pm
Hi- I'm having that problem as well and have been talking with the person on AIM trying to sort it out. If anyone knows the reason/fix, please let me know!
rarias - July 6, 2009 at 12:19am
Works fine for me, also youtube. but now I have one issue.. My MobileMe push email does not work, also calendar and contacts does not sync as they did.
jorge silva - July 6, 2009 at 10:06am
you have to put again the password
Rugburn - July 5, 2009 at 11:47pm
http://www.redmondpie.com/guide-to-fix-push-notifications-on-hacktivated-iphone-3.0/ Guide to Fix Push Notifications on Hacktivated iPhone 3.0 Yesterday, Dev-Team posted a trial fix for Push Notification System to make it work on unlocked or hacktivated iPhone’s with firmware 3.0. I have tried the fix on both iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G and can confirm that the fix is working on both like a charm! This step by step will help you get Push notifications from the apps that can Push. You will need to have an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone for this to work. Please refer to the guide here to unlock and jailbreak your iPhone before you follow the steps below: Step 1: Download WinSCP (download link given below) for Windows. Step 2: Make sure you have OpenSSH installed on your iPhone: * Open Cydia. Touch on “Search” tab and then search for “OpenSSH”. * Install “OpenSSH” and reboot your iPhone. Step 3: Connect your iPhone with your computer. Make sure iTunes is not running. Step 4: Start WinSCP on Windows and enter the following details to login to your phone: * Hostname: The IP address of your iPhone. Setting –> WiFi –> * User name: root * Password: alpine * Protocol: SCP Step 5: Once you have logged in, browse to /Private/var/Keychains directory on your iPhone. Step 6: Download PushFix.zip (download link given below). Extract the files(nimble and inject) from the folder and copy them to your iPhone in this directory: /Private/var/Keychains Step 7: Right-click on each of the two files you just copied, click on Properties and change the permission to 755 as shown below: Step 8: Copy the file keychain-2.db (from /Private/var/Keychains) to your computer and then delete it from your iPhone. Step 9: Download certs.zip from here and extract the following four files from it: * youtube-cert.bin * youtube-key.bin * push-cert.bin * push-key.bin Copy these files to the same directory(/Private/var/Keychains) on your iPhone. Step 10: In WinSCP, click on “Command” from the menu and then click on “Open Terminal” while you are on /Private/var/Keychains directory on your iPhone. Step 11: Type “./inject” in Console(Terminal) and click enter. This will now generate another keychain-2.db file on your iPhone. Step 12: Close WinSCP session. Disconnect your iPhone from computer and uninstall any Push capable app on your iPhone. Reboot your iPhone. Now install any Push capable app like Beejive IM on your iPhone. Voila! You should now have fully Push capable unlocked and jailbroken iPhone! Download Links: Download WinSCP for Windows Download PushFix.zip Download certs.zip
Prev 1 of 3 Next