November 26, 2022

Posted November 14, 2011 at 9:21pm · 17 comments · Add Comment
Tubbs
Tubbs - November 15, 2011 at 6:17pm
I agree 100% Dan !
Dan
Dan - November 14, 2011 at 10:56pm
Whoever releases the port for android should be neutered.
dt
dt - November 15, 2011 at 9:31am
Are you serial stupid? If you can't see the writing styles between the two of us, then you are as stupid as you appear. I have not reason to hide behind anyone or anything. You are not at my level. Never have been, nor never will be.
dt
dt - November 15, 2011 at 11:02am
You're pathetic....
dt
dt - November 15, 2011 at 1:25pm
Awww... Poor you the victim.... Not my fault if you are stupid. Speaking English has nothing to do with it. There are plenty here on this site that do not speak English well but they try to be reasonable and are neither racists nor bigots. You are both, and stupid on top of it. Then you claim victimhood as your reason for your actions. Grow up, grow a pair, and for the love of God, get a life. By the way, you started this when you assumed I was Big White Azz. Again, your stupidity shines through...
Not on your life
Not on your life - November 14, 2011 at 10:42pm
Who cares... As an ex jailbreak ex pirate after awhile I ended up buying damn near every app and program I " used for educational purposes". As do most people who really needs them... Waiting on hacks is time consuming and counter productive to creativity. Siri is so not that hot... Nobody actually owned the app before Apple bought it. Just like notification... Most people never use al
Robby
Robby - November 14, 2011 at 9:43pm
So proud of the people putting their heads together and finding a way to do this .. I bet apple will throw a big fit . When they see this on all other devices not supported .. Very typical of apple instead of allowing everyone the freedom to upgrade their device when they feel ready. Apple puts proprietaries on all new devices , this is why I believe in legitimate Hackintoshes . I've been blabbing too much .. I just wanted to thank anyone who managed to Unlock this feature . Three macros 1 MacBook pro 2.54 2009 3 iPhones 2g 3GS 4S iPod iPod touch MacBook air 2.0 2011 Apple tv 2 hackintoshes
dt
dt - November 14, 2011 at 9:46pm
Too bad this will never see the light of day. You with the reverse-engineering and all. Which happens to be illegal in any country so it's not limited to Apple. Really, some of the people posting on this site clearly are clueless.
David
David - November 14, 2011 at 10:03pm
Right, because when Google updates Android, all devices, even those introduced in 2009, get the new features right away!
dt
dt - November 14, 2011 at 10:08pm
Are we talking about an update or reverse engineering a companies IPR? If you can't tell the difference then please stay in school and have someone explain it to you.
David R Greenberg
David R Greenberg - November 14, 2011 at 10:11pm
Sounds like you mistook my post as a reply to yours rather than to the original poster who wrote "Very typical of apple instead of allowing everyone the freedom to upgrade their device when they feel ready."
dt
dt - November 14, 2011 at 10:22pm
@David, My bad. You get so many people here without a clue it is quite easy to fire off a missive and target the wrong individual.
Big White Azz
Big White Azz - November 14, 2011 at 10:55pm
Well said Dave! Go google...Not!
Big White Azz
Big White Azz - November 14, 2011 at 10:56pm
Think you're the one that needs firing...
dt
dt - November 15, 2011 at 4:54am
@Stupid White Azz, Learn English and punctuation. Hell, surprise us all and just learn something. Anything....
RooBoy
RooBoy - November 15, 2011 at 5:11am
I read in the Age newspaper in Australia today, that SIRI uses a UID to identify 4S devices, apparently Siri requires this UID to access the servers, Apple has apparently stated they will ban all UID used on other devices... from what I read, and the age is shit for getting things right, this essentially prevents this hack from working for long.. so close....
dt
dt - November 15, 2011 at 5:52am
@rooboy, The problem is not the hack but the reverse engineering of Apple code. Reverse engineer is illegal in any country. Apple is well within their right to prosecute anyone for flagrantly violating the law. Reverse engineering the code is a poke in the eye to Apple. Unless Apple allows this, I would not expect to see Siri on anywhere other than iPhone 4S.