Another day another release...but this time it's a fan fav! Today's release is genesis4iphone v2.0.0. It emulates the Sega Genesis (MegaDrive) and Sega CD consoles for iPhone and iPod Touches running 2.x.x firmware.
Screenshots coming soon. I want to get a better controller skin first.
It is available via my public repo/source on Cydia. Cydia comes with my source pre-installed. So check it out, and if you like it consider donating.
Here's what is new in genesis4iphone v2.0.0:
* A port of Notaz's continued support of PicoDrive.
* New interface/GUI similar to mame4iphone.
* Sound has been heavily improved! To enable sound, goto Now Playing and turn up the volume slider before entering a game.
* Save state support is now working.
* Supports zipped ROMs, and they happen to load much faster than unzipped ROMs...still!
* Sega CD support is implemented though currently untested by me.
Keep in mind I was short on available time to work on genesis4iphone so I implemented the same skin as mame4iphone. Both of these were ported from GP2X handheld softwares, so I tried to find a skin that had the same amount of buttons as the GP2X. Hence why both of these skins are a bit odd.
BUT! You can change the skins! Just edit the controller_hs1.png/.txt files in the Application directory of the app.