WiFi sync allows FourTrack recordings to be downloaded to any desktop computer with a browser. Tracks can then be loaded into any recording software (DAW) to continue working on songs. FourTrack is developed by Sonoma Wire Works, makers of RiffWorks guitar recording software, and by The Retronyms, makers of Recorder, the top selling (single track) recording application for the iPhone. Introductory price: $9.99 (USD).
* Track Count: 4
* Track Length: unlimited
* Recording Quality: 16 bit, 44.1 kHz
* Calibrated Meters: accurately monitor record and playback levels
* Recording Clip Lights: ensure input levels do not cause distortion
* Calibrated Faders: accurately adjust playback level of each track
* Pan Control: move tracks from left to right
* Time Line: seek to anywhere in your song instantly
* Shuttle Wheel: accurately move within your song
* Slide-to-Record: prevents over-writing your tracks
* Latency Compensation: accurate to within 1ms
* Compressor-Limiter: automatically fattens sound of the output mix
* Song List: unlimited song count
* WiFi Sync: copy recordings to a desktop computer
* Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (2nd Generation).
* Requires iPhone 2.0 software update.
* iPod touch requires a third party microphone (see developer website for recommendations).
What is a Four Track Recorder?
Stereo tape recorders record two tracks at a time on a cassette. A four-track recorder allows you to record one track at a time while listening to the other three. This allows you to record a guitar part, then add a vocal part, then add a harmony, and so on. The Beatles recorded several albums using only four tracks. Four-track cassette recorders were the first affordable multi-track recorders for home musicians. Multitrack recording software, like GarageBand and Pro Tools, allow you to record many tracks, but the principle is the same. FourTrack (the iPhone app) gives you the simplicity of the old-school cassette four-track in an affordable and convenient package. With FourTrack in your pocket, you can record music anywhere at the moment of inspiration.