Here are the 10 things that they think Apple could -- and should -- offer to make the iPhone a killer business device.
1. Provide expanded configuration and restriction options for administrators
2. Provide a way to enforce the use of configuration profiles
3. Develop over-the-air deployment for profiles
4. Develop direct push options for platforms other than Exchange
5. Offer a unified in-box
6. Develop tools to create and edit Office documents
7. Allow file storage/management on the iPhone itself
8. Add copy and paste functionality
9. Implement enterprise licensing for the App Store
10. Develop a mass deployment solution other than iTunes
The iPhone has a lot of potential as a business device, but its ultimate success will depend on how well it responds to the real-world needs of corporate users and IT managers. To succeed, Apple will need to prove that the iPhone is more than a media player or a toy.