January 27, 2023
WARNING: Mac OS X 10.5.6 Doesn't Recognize iPhone DFU Mode

WARNING: Mac OS X 10.5.6 Doesn't Recognize iPhone DFU Mode

Posted December 15, 2008 at 6:50pm · 14 comments · Add Comment
pajero
pajero - March 8, 2009 at 5:33am
I have a broken 3G using 2.2 and OSX 10.5.5 Am I at risk if I upgrade to 10.5.6? Thanks. David
k1
k1 - December 17, 2008 at 1:37pm
'm successfully restoring with a custom 2.2 ISPW on 10.5.6. Instead of putting the iPhone into DFU, I put it into regular recovery mode. When in this mode on the iPhone the iTunes logo and the USB cable is shown (Apple default), or "Steve" (Standard Pwnage) or your custom recovery logo. 1. Disconnect iPhone from your PC/Mac if not done already. 2. Hold Power/Sleep until the red slider shows up, slide to shut the iPhone down. If this aint work hold Power/Sleep and Home until the iPhone shuts down. Put it aside. 3. Start iTunes on your PC/Mac and make sure to have the latest version. 4. On the iPhone press Home button and keep holding it while connecting the iPhone to your PC/Mac. 5. iTunes will detect an iPhone in recovery mode, the iPhone shown the recovery logo 6. Then open your custom firmware by pressing option and restore and you should have it unlocked
Tomas
Tomas - December 28, 2008 at 8:03am
how can i put my iPhone into regular recovery mode please?
macfightclub
macfightclub - December 16, 2008 at 1:41pm
can i use pwn tool with tiger??
cscho0415
cscho0415 - December 16, 2008 at 7:05am
i enjoy the cat and mouse game.. its fun
byron  D Church
byron D Church - December 16, 2008 at 4:39am
This cat and mouse is extremely dysfunctional . I would be so relieved to find this a false alarm .
10100111001
10100111001 - December 16, 2008 at 12:30am
Damn it I had already upgraded when i saw there was an upgrade from iClar. Im already jailbroken though so no worries. can I still plug my iPhone onto iTunes n not lose stuff?
radman2008
radman2008 - December 15, 2008 at 10:40pm
It was suggested on a forum and I quote, “The solution? BEFORE jailbreak, connect your iPhone to the MacBook using a USB HUB. I was able to jailbreak 2 iPhones 3G without any problem.” I put iPod touch (1G - firmware 2.2) in DFU mode and connected it via a USB hub and iTunes recognizes the DFU mode and ask for it to be Restore. It worked for me (Mac OSX 10.5.6 PPC)
Braden
Braden - December 15, 2008 at 9:38pm
Hoe about we all use a USB hub, and stop whining?
Alan B
Alan B - December 15, 2008 at 8:58pm
Damn "the man"... I'm really getting sick of Apple. Their "upgraded" patches are not really fixing anything for the people, just closing off avenues to use the equipment to the fullest... kinda like iPhone firmware 2.1 & up will not allow video output with the generic cables...
me
me - December 15, 2008 at 8:26pm
aargggghh fu&%/& ya Apple i´ve already updated...