The new version of gpSPhone features an updated user interface that enables non-legacy user events.
It also adds an options menu with the following:
- Skin Selection: Customize your controller overlays and select one of five choices here.
- Scale: Choose whether to scale the screen to fullscreen or not.
- Autosave: Save the state for the currently loaded game every 5 minutes.
- Compatibility: If for some reason a game does not work, try enabling this settings. But beware as it will slow down games considerably!
- Framerate Counter: Choose to enable the framerate counter. The target framerate is 60 FPS. Its format is in: Framerate - Frames Drawn - Frameskip
Zod also fixed many bugs and added a few new features such as:
- The gpSP game_config.txt is now being processed correctly. If you use a game listed within it, it will run much faster now!
- You can now save to your currently loaded save state.
- More than 300+ ROMs in a directory is now supported.
- When missing or using an incorrect BIOS file, you will now get a textual message instead of gibberish. ;)
- The BIOS is now checked for in two directories: /Applications/gpSPhone.app/ and /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA/
- Some unnecessary code was removed and improved general performance of gpSPhone.
- Many more minor tweaks and fixes.
You can download this public release of gpSPhone via the Games section in Cydia Installer.