Tonight I went to bed around 12 as usual but I woke up around 1:30 smelling burning plastic. Turns out my MacBook Pro was on fire. Smoke was pouring out the seam between the unibody and bottom enclosure. I actually burned my hand pretty badly ripping the adapter out. Oh man. This is reallllly scary because what if I didn't wake up? It could of burned my house down.
His story is particularly interesting because just a few weeks ago a lawsuit was launched against Apple alleging that the MagSafe connector and cord is unsafe and could catch fire or cause injury. The suit was filed by Tim Broad, Naotaka Kitagawa and Jesse Reisman because they believe Apple is aware of the problem and has done nothing about it.
Read More [via Tuaw]