Gokivo for iPhone allows people to easily find their location, take advantage of one-touch access to Yahoo! Local searches, ratings and reviews, and get to where they want to go with turn-by-turn, voice-prompted navigation. The application is seamlessly integrated with the iPhone's innovative Multi-Touch user interface, allowing users to easily map and navigate to addresses in their contacts, and even save and share searches and favorites with friends.
Gokivo gives iPhone users an application that truly takes advantage of the devices GPS and data capabilities to let them get where they want to go and find what theyre looking for, said Doug Antone, President and CEO of Networks In Motion. With Networks In Motions navigation and LBS expertise and the power of Yahoo! Local search results, weve developed a groundbreaking iPhone app that delivers a powerful and rich navigation experience on one of the worlds most popular mobile devices.
Gokivo features include:
* Robust hyper-local search and discovery powered by Yahoo! Local. One-click searches for bars, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and many more local points of interest
* Access to the most robust real-time traffic notification on mobile devices, giving users plenty of advance notice to avoid traffic snarls and road work slow downs
* Syncing with Bluetooth in the car or via headset, providing output for music and turn-by-turn navigation audio prompts
* An embedded iPod control, which allows you to listen to music while you are navigating with Gokivo the music automatically fades (or pauses, if changed in settings) for voice prompts
* The ability to simply shake the iPhone to immediately receive alternate route suggestions when encountering things such as traffic congestion
* Find address information directly from any contact in the iPhone and get immediate one-click navigation to the specific address
Gokivo is available for $0.99 from Apples App Store and full navigation functionality can be purchased for $9.99 per month via subscription.