January 27, 2023
How to Downgrade From iOS 9 Beta to iOS 8

How to Downgrade From iOS 9 Beta to iOS 8

Posted June 9, 2015 at 2:57am · 30 comments · Add Comment
EdT
EdT - September 13, 2016 at 2:10pm
After downgrading to iOS8, can I just do "clean" install and not do a backup?
EdT
EdT - September 13, 2016 at 2:10pm
I mean, not restore a backup?
sscc
sscc - September 13, 2016 at 11:48pm
I very much doubt you will be able to downgrade. See my comment below - Apple has stopped signing iOS 8.
Brae
Brae - December 24, 2015 at 8:29am
iphone 4s, ios 9.2. Trying to downgrade to ios 8.3. Waiting on ipsw download. Will she work? Any idea's
sscc
sscc - October 26, 2015 at 3:10am
FYI Apple is no longer signing iOS 8.
keiya
keiya - October 2, 2015 at 9:45am
does it erase all your things and makes it like how you first got your iphone new?
WilliamCookVI
WilliamCookVI - September 20, 2015 at 9:02pm
Downgrade worked from iOS9 (official release) back to 8.4.1. This was after a lying sarcastic ... from Apple support said it was technically impossible to downgrade at this point in time.... So iClarified, thank you very much for the tutorial and firmware files. Three notes though: 1. The firmware file is saved with file extension *.zip on Windows. I had to manually rename the extension to *.ipsw 2. I also had an "Unknown error occured". For me this was due to insuffiecient disc space on my C:\drive. This is because the original iPhone backup files are copied next to the original on C:\drive before or while it is synced to your iPhone by iTunes. So you must have enough disc space for the files in this directory (C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup) to exist at least twice on C:\drive. 3. I used my iPhones full backup that I created before I originally upgraded to iOS9. And I'm not sure if a backup done on iOS9 can be later used to be restored after you downgraded back to iOS 8.x Also when backing up your iPhone to your PC, the files are saved (added/incremental?) in the earlier mentioned directory and this could mean that certain files could be overwritten, thus making your update not useable for downgrade? (Again I'm not sure) So maybe make a backup of the backup files before you attempt this.
sofia
sofia - September 1, 2015 at 6:14am
What if I don't find the document when I pressed shift and alt.
Zach G
Zach G - July 22, 2015 at 5:49pm
I am receiving a 3194 error " The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)."
RioBani
RioBani - July 31, 2015 at 4:40am
I have the same problem. Can anybody help?
David Burden
David Burden - July 14, 2015 at 5:53pm
I had a 6-digit passcode on ios 9, and now on ios 8 its asking for a 4-digit passcode! I don't know what it is!! please help!!
Nate Schenck
Nate Schenck - July 22, 2015 at 11:22pm
Same problem. Have you figured out a solution?
tekiyah
tekiyah - July 25, 2015 at 11:29pm
did you ever figure out that 4 digit passoword mines is asking for the same thing please help
N4PST3R.007
N4PST3R.007 - August 25, 2015 at 3:14pm
yeah that happened to me try to enter the last passcode yo have put it before iOS 9
shalim
shalim - June 11, 2015 at 5:13am
i'm getting error 14 unable to downgrade pls help me
antoniomimica
antoniomimica - June 10, 2015 at 8:38am
can i downgrade to ios 7.0 or 8.0 from ios 9
Nick G
Nick G - June 10, 2015 at 9:07am
Did you actually read the article?