Theres a set of guidelines [developers] can get from Apple that say heres what icons you should use for these type of functions and heres how you should lay them out, says Bill Westerman, principal and CTO of Create with Context, a design and research firm. This gets you 70 percent of the way there, but then theres this other 30 percent that are de facto standards which have evolved over time.
The Five Most Annoying App Design Flaws
1. Aggravating app and button inconsistencies
2. If I Tap this, what will happen?
3. I didnt tap that damn button!
4. Where are my visual cues?
5. Ugly icons on the Home screen
Hit up the link below to read a detailed explanation of these flaws...
Read More [CIO]